• Thread starter <NeedHelpPlease>
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<NeedHelpPlease>

Sorry for this being so long. I recently installed an Alpine T-757 amp. I connected it okay and all the indicators were green. I then connected two sets of speakers wire (just the wires no subs yet)(I had somewhere urgent to go). I started the car and then the amp started smokin! I immediately turned it off, but now when I try to connect it a red power light (instructions say poor battery voltage) is on. Is this thing repairable (I don't have a warranty cuz I got it off ebay)?

I had the same thing happen to me. If you take the amp apart you will find a couple of small capacitators on the curcuit board and you will notice that they have swelled out and are giving off a bad smell. This problem can be fixed at a local repair shop for a resonable price because all they have to do is replace the capacitators.

Next time be very very cautious when hooking the positive and negative wires to the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.