what are the best car speakers Ever created by pioneer?

mio
10+ year member

EUROPE
what are the best car speakers Ever created by pioneer?
In speakers i mean speakers only no subs or tweeters it doesnt matter if they are before or after year 2000 they need to be extremely high end like reference series or something else size 6.5 inches or coaxial .

This topic is just of curiousity and as well will help me if my next speakers will be pioneer .

Slo_Ride is right that it is relative. A person may like what they like for their reasons. You said Pioneer speakers. Well there may be some on here that may think Pioneer is a so so brand in speakers and other may think there a very good speaker brand.
Pioneer in my opinion has been a very good stable quality brand in speakers for many many years. I personally have Pioneer speakers in my vehicle. Front component 6.5 TS-Z65CH Hi Res speakers. In rear I have Pioneer 6x8 TS-A6880F. I like the way it sounds and very nice. I have had Polk MM and CDT also at one time in my vehicle. You also said "High End" or reference series. I don't think Pioneer was ever that but has made good reliable speaker over the years. My Pioneer 6.5 component
TS-Z65CH are Pioneers top of the line high Res speakers and can be had for under $300. Dose a speaker have to be expensive to be high end or reference series? I can remember back in the day when many had the Pioneer 6x9 speakers in there back decks of there cars, they were great. So there can be more discussion on this but over all your question is subjective. In my opinion i don't think you can go wrong with the Pioneer speakers. They have been reliable and stable quality for many years.

So for your question, what are the best car speakers Ever created by pioneer? I would have to say the 6x9 speaker don't know an exact model number but overall and over the years it had to be the 6x9 Pioneers. They have an history
But in your exact question on a 6.5 speaker, TS-Z65CH Hi Res speakers. Why? here is what they.

"The Z series speakers were designed in Pioneer’s Tohoku facility in Tendo, Japan - the same factory that produces the highly acclaimed Carrozzeria products sold in Japan. Pioneer claims a no-compromise approach to the design and manufacturing of the Z series, gleaning from nearly 80 years of experience."

Last edited:
Bladest needs to find a pair of Rainbow Reference Series speakers and be done with it. I offered to sell him mine but he scoffed at the idea citing " Nah, ill only buy that component set brand new". 😁

i dont agree that newer pioneer models are good,
may be you are lucky, i live in country BG - and here they are crap ,
https://www.hifitest.de/bestenliste/car-hifi-lautsprecher_16cm_30 about z series as u can see from charts its way way below most of other brands,,,
i use to own several pioneer 6x9 speakers
and i will tell u what happened bought them brand new first survived around
2-3 years one of them is dead they were never used with amp or abused.. because guess what they are made in china or tailand these days - 2nd speakers i own from them are vintage ones i dont know series they are made in JAPAN , but they sound terrible compared to modern world/standarts..... so its like without using them, i never heard z series...
i was thinking pioneer made in the paste something decent to compliment p99rs since its copper chasis and made in japan and costed like 1000$ or more,
thats a quality item to me.

i dont agree that newer pioneer models are good,
may be you are lucky, i live in country BG - and here they are crap ,
https://www.hifitest.de/bestenliste/car-hifi-lautsprecher_16cm_30 about z series as u can see from charts its way way below most of other brands,,,
i use to own several pioneer 6x9 speakers
and i will tell u what happened bought them brand new first survived around
2-3 years one of them is dead they were never used with amp or abused.. because guess what they are made in china or tailand these days - 2nd speakers i own from them are vintage ones i dont know series they are made in JAPAN , but they sound terrible compared to modern world/standarts..... so its like without using them, i never heard z series...
i was thinking pioneer made in the paste something decent to compliment p99rs since its copper chasis and made in japan and costed like 1000$ or more,
thats a quality item to me.
Hummm i get the feeling something a miss here? In your post you sound as if you had good views of Pioneer and even wanted to know what was best and maybe your next speakers would be Pioneers. Now you sound as if Pioneer was the worst speaker you ever heard of. Even a link to a online EU listing of best to worst 6.5 speakers. Don't know who did the testing or the rating or what but if your not a fan of Pioneer then buy what you want. It's all subjective i say. I'm done with this post.

@stephgirl you are a clueless idiot please stop trying to give advice to other members
Well that was rude. Your free to give your experiences and your opinion. I don't give advice. I only state my opinion and experiences. Yours are different then mine and others. Everyone is different. I was only replying to the question of Pioneer speakers. But if you want to be a A-Hole as your name implies then have at it. So a recent post tread stated that no one was posting or asking questions. So I post my experiences and opinion and i get attacked. Sad that some can't respect others.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.