what amp would be recomended for a single S15l74?

No offense but ive read to many bad reviews on US acoustic amps, their mosfets burning out, just bad stuff all around. One of my friends has a 15" L5 with a JL 500/1 hooked to it and IT ****IN POUNDS. Your ears feel like their bleeding and he only has the gain turned half way, verypowerful and it is super clean, none of that continuous mindless bass ****. Expensive ass hell.........but worth it if u have the money. Ive got a few 1000/1 and those would also work, ud just couldnt trun the gain all the way up because their super underated.

bah, US Acoustics are fine amps, and many well-versed folks on these forums swear by them. i'm not saying the above amp would be appropriate for your setup necessarily, but if it were, you could rest assured you'd be receiving a nice bang-for-the-buck amp in US Acoustics.

but how about a JBL 1200.1?

I have the same sub powered by a rockford fosgate 1501bd which is rated at 1500watts x 1 @2ohms. It sounds great but I think its too much power...ended up blowing the S15L7 within the first week. I would say maybe the 1001bd probably would sound just as good without risking burnning your voice coils.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.