What amp should i get without causing headlight dimming?

You guys are gonna love this. I purchased two rockford fosgate P2 12 inch subs off of craigslist. I took the subs out of the enclosure to find out they are different subwoofers. One is a P212D2, Dual 2 ohm 250 watts RMS and the other is a P212S4, Single 4 ohm 200 watts RMS. There is nothing i can do with these except buy one more sub that matches either one right? He says he used them together but wouldnt that damage the subs? They are different ratings on ohms and voice coils.

Back to the question of the amplifier types, buy a modern Class D amplifier for subs and the fronts. These are the most efficient. A Class D amplifier running at 4ohms can easily be more than 80% efficient, and around 75% when running at 2ohms. The Class A/B amps have efficiency of around 60% or so when running at full tilt.

Of course, if you experience the problems with lights dimming, do the big 3 upgrade, and also run a high quality 4awg or 0awg cable to your distribution block from the battery. A lot of cheaper 4awg kits are a joke.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.