what amp or amps should i use for my new setup?

Participant count
  • Participant list

E39.Saucyassbo.510

BMW e39 5 series with dummy slaap! Yafeelme cutty
hello, everyone my name is brett but everyone just calls me Bo. i am kinda new to car audio and really need help. so i have a 2019 toyota corolla se. i just purchased 4 new interior speakers and 2 new subs for the trunk. and i dont know what amplifier to get or if i will need 2 or more for the speakers i bought. for the front doors i got 2 audiopipe 6.5 3 way coax speakers 330w max (165 watt rms) so i guess thats 82.5w each.
rear deck speakers i got audiopipe 6x9 4way coax speakers 500w maxx (250 watt rms) so again im guessing 125w each.
and dont laugh but to save trunk space i got 2 audiopipe 6.5 inch subs. 500 watts max each and 250 watt rms each. i know there small but i heard they are actually awesome little subs. now my question is how can i power all of this. like two 2 channel amps at x watt rms x2 channels? or a 4 channel amp? or 5 channel amp at x watt rms, i want to save as much space as possible in my already little car. but if i need multiple amps its ok i guess or 1 big ass amp thats fine too i guess. and i have a yellow top optima battery already but will i need anything else to help power everything?

i want to save as much space as possible
Your best bet is a 5 channel amp. Your main focus should be rms wattage to match your voice speakers. As for sub channel, I would seek the highest rms available in case you want to go bigger in the future. Sub channel can be lowered to match your sub's rms rating. Do not let the class D circuitry dissuade you from getting a certain amp. In some brands, class D is sounding as good as class a/b amplifiers, with the benefit of less energy consumption.

Does the car have an aftermarket deck or were you planning on adding a DSP ?
i have a stock deck. what is a dsp? i have only installed 1 amplifier in my life with 3 walmart subs lol so i need to know everything. if you just had the speakers/subs and car i have right now. what is everything else you would buy to make the sound system as good and reliable as possible? while keeping stock stereo. and budget friendly if possible. can you tell me what amps! wiring kits! capacitors! and even DSP's that you would buy if you were in my shoes. with watt rms ranges and brands maybe! and any other suggestions you may have. im kinda stuck and need help lol.

i have a stock deck. what is a dsp? i have only installed 1 amplifier in my life with 3 walmart subs lol so i need to know everything. if you just had the speakers/subs and car i have right now. what is everything else you would buy to make the sound system as good and reliable as possible? while keeping stock stereo. and budget friendly if possible. can you tell me what amps! wiring kits! capacitors! and even DSP's that you would buy if you were in my shoes. with watt rms ranges and brands maybe! and any other suggestions you may have. im kinda stuck and need help lol.
A stock deck will typically not have the rca outputs that you need to even begin amp installation so a lot of guys buy the simple line output converters in order to run your amplifiers. The DSP is a sound processor that in many cases is used to integrate with your factory radio so that you can get the correct signal to your amps. Even on a budget you want it to sound good and it can be done. There are so many out there that it's almost too much info to process. Get on ebay or amazon...the brazilian brands like stetsom, taramps, make good products for reasonable prices. I'm sure there are more that I'm just not thinking of. In your case for just starting out in car audio find a decent 5 channel amp and put your hands on good power/ground wire, rca's. Skipping the basics can cause a lot of problems that can be avoided like making the proper ground. I'm trying not to ramble on but it just takes time to learn it all and the possibilities can be endless as to what you can and cannot do.
Best of luck and if you need help just keep asking.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.