What amp installation kit should I buy?

idan167

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hello,
So recently I have bought a new amp for my sub and finally powered it like it suppose to, and now it apears like my wires arn't good enough for the system I have. the system keeps turning on and off even on low volume and the fuze already burned once.
I have one amp with single sundown sa10 subwoofer, and maybe in the future i will add another sub and will change the speakers.
I have SoundBox kit that I have bought almost 2 years ago which is not 100% copper. I have been recommanded to buy a new 4 gauge wires but real copper.
what company you think should I buy? I saw really good reviws on KnuKonceptz amp kit and also thought about Rockville amp kit because they look good.
any help what should I buy?

How can I know what size of fuse I will need?
and WindyNation are good brand? I can trust that they are true ofc and 2 gauge?

Knukonceptz is my favorite for car audio wire.

Fuse amperage would be determined by what wire you go with. Most car audio 1/0 OFC is rated for 300-350 amps at 20' length.

Welding cable is great and I have used a ton of it. Just know its not as flexible as "car audio wire". If you have alot of tight bends it's going to be a PITA.

All welding cable is true OFC. Car audio wire is oversized. Welding cable is true AWG spec so it will be slightly smaller than car audio wire but have larger strands and normally rated for higher amperage ratings.

For an amp for a single SA-10 4 gauge OFC would be plenty.
If you are planning on upgrading you might as well go 1/0 OFC but it does depend on how large of an upgrade you plan on.

As far as Windy Nation I have been buying my lugs in bulk from them for years and very happy with them.

Sounds good, but unforunatly I can't find any good deal on Knukonceptz kit... the price itslef is good, but the shipping for some reason is way higher than other brands..
I really don't have a clue on what brand should I trust besides these two that you have suggested, but I saw a good price on Sky High Audio and Rockville. whats your thoughts on these two?

ok then, I will update you guys in a few days on what I will buy eventually, but till then, if anyone has any other suggestion that will be great, thanks a lot

Hello,
So recently I have bought a new amp for my sub and finally powered it like it suppose to, and now it apears like my wires arn't good enough for the system I have. the system keeps turning on and off even on low volume and the fuze already burned once.
I have one amp with single sundown sa10 subwoofer, and maybe in the future i will add another sub and will change the speakers.
I have SoundBox kit that I have bought almost 2 years ago which is not 100% copper. I have been recommanded to buy a new 4 gauge wires but real copper.
what company you think should I buy? I saw really good reviws on KnuKonceptz amp kit and also thought about Rockville amp kit because they look good.
any help what should I buy?
Problem with amp kits is that many manufacturers use CCA for their wires - that means copper clad Aluminum. Their gauge of wire is nornally off also. This type of wire does not conduct electricity as well as OFC (oxygen free copper). it will cost more but it is a one time purchase and worth it.
Be sure to buy the correct gauge or it will be the same problem.
I am a whistleblower but over the past 30 years i have held top management positions with three different car audio companies.
I heard good things about KnuKonceptz but I do not have first hand knowledge. Hope that helps - also check your ground connection - it could be that simple

I can't recommend sky high personally. I had alot of wire from them that corroded in the middle of the runs. Showed my buddy and he decided to pull his and had the same issues. Turns out quite a few people had that problem with their wire. But of course all the good threads and pictures on here from back in the day are all gone when the forum changed servers or whatever. Have they fixed the issue? Probably but still not really happy about it happening. I have some 9 year old Knukonceptz wire that still is perfect.

Pretty good kit! OFC
Screenshot_20210107-220601_Chrome.jpg

Hmmm never seen that before out of their products.

If anything go buy some 1/0 Welding Cable and some lugs. At least you know it will be the correct size and not oversized like some car audio power wire is

Updating,
my dad told me he has seriouse cables in his work (he is doing some electric stuff for planes) and told me he can give me 4 gauge cable OFC something way better than what I have showed him on the internet, he said the biggest he has is 4 gauge and this cable can handle up to 250amp and 1500 watt is nothing for it, which sounds weird but I mean he is working with it so he knows I guess.
he gave me the cable day later and this cable is really stiff, high quality and way diffrent from what I have now. (I have SoundBox 4 gauge cable).
I uploaded some pictures so you can see what im talking about. (the black one is what my dad gave me and the other one is what installed now)
so what you guys think? should/can I use it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.