What amp for internal custom build

Participant count
  • Participant list

thomasfleming209

CarAudio.com Newbie
Okay so let's start off saying I'm new to using forums so if anything is incorrect please bear with. Also new to custom audio.

Okay so pictures will follow and I know what I'm doing isn't perfect so any tips as I go would be absolutely amazing!! My current thought/progress I'm currently making a prefab box using fiberglass in my door pods and I'm struggling with what amp to power it with. (Pictures to follow) I'm installing 2 x vibe edge 150rms speakers in both front doors along with a tweeter haven't decided which one yet advice needed. And in the back two doors I'm trying to decide if I should just have two upgraded speakers that fit without modification and run from head unit? I will have 2 of these speakers spare so could perhaps use these? Then I'll post more regarding sub set up

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230123-214138_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230123-214138_eBay.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20230123-214147_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230123-214147_eBay.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20230123_115331.jpg
    20230123_115331.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • 20230123_114912.jpg
    20230123_114912.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
Nice work so far on the door pod. Why didn't you buy component sets from Vibe so you could have tweets that have been selected to mate well with those mids?

Nice work so far on the door pod. Why didn't you buy component sets from Vibe so you could have tweets that have been selected to mate well with those mids?
Was contemplating doing that as I'm doing exactly that to the rear but I bought these as a set of 4 and then decided to do two speakers per door! Thanks for your reply what would your suggestions be?

Was contemplating doing that as I'm doing exactly that to the rear but I bought these as a set of 4 and then decided to do two speakers per door! Thanks for your reply what would your suggestions be?
Isn't that VIBE a brand mostly marketed in Europe? If you're not in the USA you may not have the options we have here, otherwise people trying to DIY from just raw components often shop partsexpress or madisound. Loudspeakers you get from them have honest specs published and generally have useful reviews.

I would also suggest not trying to install mids and highs behind you. Focus your efforts on putting what you need up front and getting aiming and mounting locations that sound good to you.

Isn't that VIBE a brand mostly marketed in Europe? If you're not in the USA you may not have the options we have here, otherwise people trying to DIY from just raw components often shop partsexpress or madisound. Loudspeakers you get from them have honest specs published and generally have useful reviews.

I would also suggest not trying to install mids and highs behind you. Focus your efforts on putting what you need up front and getting aiming and mounting locations that sound good to you.
Yeah! Vibe as I'm in the UK is basically the budget friendly and as I plan to evolve my needs as I attend car meets :) this is to be a show off style build.

Yeah! Vibe as I'm in the UK is basically the budget friendly and as I plan to evolve my needs as I attend car meets :) this is to be a show off style build.
Not sure what your options are for buying there then. Certainly NOT what we have here and I'd imagine between shipping at VAT tax you'd get absolutely smoked with taxes on most of the stuff people here state-side use.

What's even the deal with your country and the EU? Do you now get taxed if you buy things from the rest of Europe? Focal comes to mind as a French company and Scanspeak (Denmark) and SEAS (Norway) all sell some high end loudspeakers though I wonder if they actually manufacture in Europe anymore or are you still getting binged with some sort of import taxes?

UK has some good loudspeaker brands for home theater and guitar/PA type applications but as far as I know nobody sells anything that would be of much use to you for this job.

I guess tell us what stuff can you even buy there at a price you can stomach and you might get some feedback.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...