What’s with critical mass!?

I’ve been seeing this brand on eBay for at least a decade and does anyone actually own any critical mass woofers not on here like anyone anywhere who has $10k to drop on just a sub the specs aren’t even that special 
If you believe the Ad's and reviews...

mSphPMQ.jpg

dtb5Zbi.jpg

SMSI0Ao.jpg

wG4y4aW.jpg

CmdM7Br.jpg

pi5YZMW.jpg

iahAfQ0.jpg

I remember when they first came out... couldn't afford one then... sure cant nowadays

l== Critical Mass. hmm Id never buy anything with the Tags on theyre products.Its really not worth the $ in my opinion.Much better can be had or multiple for the funds spent

CMass has a marketing strategy to sell to celebrities and sports stars. There prices reflect this. They do not really cater or sell to the general masses. However, when a celeb buys a CMass system for $250k or up that includes the custom install. Severl high end shops receive this work and build these cars. Sometimes they have leftovers and these will go up for sale at a fraction of the MSRP and can be afforded by regular folk. 

I am an old school guy and remmeber when they emerged and won all the IASCA awards. So, when I had the chance to buy a set of speakers at a reasonble price comparable to Hertz, HAT, Dynaudio, Focal and other high end speaker makers, I took the plunge. I was amazed by the sound quality and since worked harder to buy more speakers and products. Other than the Fosgate OEM integration device, my sound system is all CMass. All the items you find in my signature were purchased for about $4k. The MSRP on these products about $48k. So, while there is a sticker shock, it is important to remember they do not market their products to the masses. But the quality is like no other brand I have tried. The customer support is also outstanding. The price I paid for these products is actually a little less than I would have paid for a comparable high end sound system from Zapco, Dynaudio, Focal, Audio Control and other high end competitors. 

The biggest trouble I found with CMass is that they have an awful website and poor product advertising and spec sheets. So, anytime I try to look up specs for a speaker or amp, often there is nothing available. Which means you have to call the CMass Authorized Installers or CMass directly. This is a PITA. They also have a lot of products available that have no literature at all and they dont even have model numbers as some are manufactured for special vehichle builds. The 8" sub I have is amazing and has only been installed in 10 vehicles. This stuff truly is special, and if you have a chance to buy it at a price less than other high end products, then in my opinion it is a no brainer. You just have to work harder to make it happen. 

They are a scam. Ebay has tons of complaints against them. They list products that are made for fraction of that cost in electronic sweat shops, then sell them to unfortunate people who believe that they only work with celebs and super rich people.

If you look at their auctions they post ever 3 days a new listing on ebay, and no one ever bids on them, cause their products are poorly made and you can see the craftsmanship in the pictures. If you want one, by all means go bid.

They started a claim against me because I would not pay the $400 winning bid on a 15K, 6.5 inch car speaker set. They must be hard up for clients if they need to use the resolution center to claim $400 unpaid on an item that was supposedly worth 15K. I was the only one stupid enough to bid on it.

ICON is all you need to know about them, they are a con.

I use JL ZAPCO oldschool HERTZ ALPINE and also Critical Mass Audio. In my opinion they all make some real nice products. But I do have to say, I took a trade-in with a customer and He had the Critical Mass UL12 and some 3way's and they sound better than anything i have ever installed. Some people get hung up on pric price price, but once you get passed the price issue '' and i do agree'' very high!!! when you get to the meat and bones of the Critical Mass Audio Speakers and Amplifiers you will find a great product at a good price if you contact an authorized dealer. Everyone that owns their products seems to really like it, any bad reviews seem to come from people that have never tried or ever heard the product. Weird how people say something is good or bad without ever testing or listening to any product. I have been in the Audio game for about 35 years, from MTX Black Gold to Sherwood 240 amps. There are a lot of good brands out there, and just because you may not know about it... does not mean its bad or good. I remember when i made my first JL Audio order back in 1993 or so, and they shipped their subwoofers in plain brown or white boxes... but the subs were nice!
So my final 2 cents on this is, try something or go listen to something before talking trash... it would make sense.
I also called the critical mass tech line and was helped and was given tons of info that was very valuable.
Hope you all have a great day, and lets support American based companies. God Bless.

I use JL ZAPCO oldschool HERTZ ALPINE and also Critical Mass Audio.
Best speakers I have ever used are Blues Audio, before the Linear Power buyout. My, how they sound so clean. Singers sound live and background noise actually has depth to it. I have used Dynaudio, a/d/s, and Pioneer Premier(Z-line), and those Blues Audio sound a tad bit better. Very unassuming build as well, plain jane to a fault.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
MattinMO
St.louis, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views