Weird label on new Orion HCCA

Participant count
  • Participant list

jt4x4

CarAudio.com Exclusive
ND
Just received a new Orion HCCA5000.1DV2 that I ordered. It has a seal on the box, and I have no idea what it's trying to tell me given the horrible broken-English. Has anyone received one of these amps new? Is this disclaimer common practice, or did I buy something that wasn't meant to be sold as a new product?

The label says, "THIS PRODUCT ITS HIGH POWER AMPLIFIER THIS PRODUCT ONLY WILL HAVE SERVICE AND REPAIR WILL BE RETURNED, DO NOT HAVE EXCHANGE WARRANTY FOR A NEW UNIT".

The wording sounds like the rep in Orion's youtube videos, but I'm reluctant to break the seal, because I'm worried it means I'm acknowledging terms that I can't understand. I THINK it's saying that they will fix it if it breaks rather than replace it.

Thanks for your time.
- Joe

Attachments

• HCCA amp label.jpeg
    HCCA amp label.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 164
To me it basically means they will not warranty out the amplifier for a NIB amplifier. That they will instead take it in for repair and repair it back to OEM and return it to you. But that is just IMHO.

btw where did you order from? They might have a warranty guide you can contact them about in case something happens to it.

To me it basically means they will not warranty out the amplifier for a NIB amplifier. That they will instead take it in for repair and repair it back to OEM and return it to you. But that is just IMHO.

btw where did you order from? They might have a warranty guide you can contact them about in case something happens to it.
That's how i interpret it as well. I ordered it from amazon. I purchased amazon's three-year warranty, so I should be covered regardless, but I tend to overthink literally everything.

All you have to do is bring it to comps where Orion has a repair man there to repair them for free on the spot.
I live in North Da-*******-kota... We don't have comps here! Orion amps don't come up on this site very often, especially new Orion amps. I can't tell if your comment was serious or not. Please clarify.

Well that inspires a lot of confidence. Good thing you got the 3rd party warranty is all I can say.
Agreed. Should have said "Here is a sticker. It may or may not void any warranty if you cut it, but you can't access your new $800 amp if you don't cut it! The choice is yours.".

I live in North Da-*******-kota... We don't have comps here! Orion amps don't come up on this site very often, especially new Orion amps. I can't tell if your comment was serious or not. Please clarify.

Yes serious. Orion takes very good care of their customers and team. I'm good friends with Team Orion and the owner is a really nice dude.

Repaired on the spot so dude could get back to finals.

Attachments

• repair.png
    repair.png
    140.8 KB · Views: 140
Yes serious. Orion takes very good care of their customers and team. I'm good friends with Team Orion and the owner is a really nice dude.

You've given me peace of mind. Thanks for sharing.

Tangent: why don't you run Orion products?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.