Wanting some opinions on amps.

justsayk
10+ year member

not ******
Ok, i have two PG Ti15d's (dual 4 ohm). They are 550 watt RMS. I have them in a 1.7 cubic feet per (after displacement) sealed box. Now that i have received my birthday money ($200) i am looking for a new amp. Right now i have a crappy bazooka giving them 380 (total) RMS. the 380 watts is probably over-rated. I was thinking about getting either a hifonics bx1500d or a visonik v900xd. Both amps are 1500 watt RMS at 1 ohm. I can't find any more of the visonik's online for cheap. So, i'm looking at the brutus. My question is, since i'm not looking to compete, and i have a stock electrical system, do i really need the bx1500d? What if i went with the bx1000d? It would save me some money, and that would still be 500 watts per sub. They are already pretty loud with the amp i've got now. I've heard the Ti's are a little underrated but i think 1500 watts might be too much for them...would i be smarter to go with the bx1000d instead?

Sorry for the long post.

Yeah, i'm just kind of wondering if i would ever use the extra 500 watts. I guess if i ever got my stuff together and decided to compete, it would be a good idea to get the 1500, but right now i don't see that happening. I have a lot of things to do before i could put that much power to them and still have good SQ. I'm gonna need a lot of sound deadening, and some better front speakers. I guess i'm just wondering if a bx1000d would be sufficient for someone that's not going to compete.

I personally would reccomend the higher rated amp, just because it leaves you the option to grow, instead of having to sell your old amp off at some point (and take a loss on it) and buy a new one. not to mention the hassles of taking it out and so on. Always go for overkill when feasible //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.