Want to go active on all speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bxer

CarAudio.com Newbie
Looking to go active in a ten speaker system. One pair of dash tweets and components in four doors. Wanting to ditch the component crossovers to get the ability to be active on all speakers. I’m new to using DSPs. I see the alpine pxe-0850s has enough channels...or is it ok to use two smaller DSPs (less channels each) to cover all speakers? too messy? Looking for any tips from the experts in here.

That's a lot of speakers. Idk I kinda look at it like going 2 channel stereo with a sub in home audio. Speakers in front of you sub where it works best in the room.
Your 2 front doors are the speaker enclosures and you use time alignment to put the sound in the perfect position at your listening position. Instead of moving the speakers in home audio to get the perfect sound at your listening position.
Rather it's 2 way or 3 way its best to keep the mids and highs in the front for the best sound.
I've never sat in a home audio situation listening to music thinking this would sound so much better if I put another pair of speakers behind me but I guess it all depends on what you're going for.
Alpine should be fine imo. Cleaner simpler install.

Thanks for the input! This is in an attempt to fix the crappy jbl system in an 18 Tundra Crewmax. Have researched a lot and found a couple of companies that specialize on the Tundra. Went one route and it wasn't up to par. Currently have the subwoofer under control with two 10" JLs in a custom enclosure powered by an AudioControl LC-1.800. Have, but not yet installed - PAC Amp Pro interface to allow use of the factory head unit, pair of Alpine Type R 6.5 components for front door and pair of Alpine tweets for the dash. The rest is up in the air. Debating on AudioControl D-6.1200 or Alpine PXE-0850s for DSP and what to do with amps overall and rear door speaker zones.

I just went active in my Mustang and left the rear 2 speakers stock for fill and after tuning, I decided to rip them out and it sounds so much better. I do have rear fill in my truck and I don’t really notice much but I’m passive in there and the rear locations are way different.

A pair of JL VXi amplifiers would easily combine your DSP needs with your amplifier needs (you can get up to 40 active DSP channels and 10 output DSP chanels on a single Hub). Alternatively, a single JL MV600/6i (what I run today) would provide 12 channels of DSP (6 active and 6 preout) so you could buy a non-DSP amplifier for the rest of the channels.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.