VW Jetta 2017 radio DEAD! Replacement with Factory controls...

Participant count
  • Participant list

copene

Toronto
Hey guys, really hoping you guys can help me out. So the radio has been a disaster for the last year with random on and offs and now it is completely dead. I install home theatre equipment so I'm no stranger to wiring, but car audio wiring is a whole different beast when it comes to harnesses,etc. I took the radio out, checked all the connection points, checked the fuse, everything - same ****. It's just dead.

So now I'm looking for a new deck and want to tap into ALL the factory controls - Steering wheel audio control, radio and backup camera being the main concerns. I also need it to have Apple Carplay as well as a USB connection that will play FLAC files. A lot of the decks I am looking at from Pioneer and Alpine only have ONE USB port. How are you supposed to play music from a USB thumb drive and have your iPhone hooked up say for Google Maps with only one port?

I'm in Toronto so shipping in the harness and whatnot is a kick in the balls but it's better than bringing it to VW for a factory radio replacement for like $850.

Is engifcarstereo.com the place I should be looking for the harness?

I want to upgrade the amp and speaker system eventually but for now I don't mind using the factory amp and speakers but I'm assuming that would be a whole different harness.

Can somebody please help? My wife is going to drive off a bridge without that backup camera.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...