Vendor Reputation - Weaponization of Dislike Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
No in terms of the real world it really doesn't. You can't claim this forum is your business/reputation and then claim "oh well I was on another portion of the website so that absolves me".

That's like me going upstairs to the accounting department, stirring up a bunch of ****, and then when my boss calls me into the office be like "oh well I don't even work on that floor or department and there all contractors anyways whats the big deal ?". Yeah my boss will tell me to pack my bags

How you and your business is viewed is way more fluid then just "oh just a few subsections of a single website"
Anyone that would buy anything from this delusional hypocrite deserves whatever they get. I made the mistake from buying something from a certain someone here and they sent me trash.

No in terms of the real world it really doesn't. You can't claim this forum is your business/reputation and then claim "oh well I was on another portion of the website so that absolves me".

That's like me going upstairs to the accounting department, stirring up a bunch of ****, and then when my boss calls me into the office be like "oh well I don't even work on that floor or department and there all contractors anyways whats the big deal ?". Yeah my boss will tell me to pack my bags

How you and your business is viewed is way more fluid then just "oh just a few subsections of a single website", especially when you openly advertise your business on every single post (avatar tags and signature)

That's not what I claimed. I claimed that my thread only is my business. Idc if people talk crap about me in the appropriate part of the forum; that's what it's there for. The reason whoever is mad at me is due to subjects that have nothing to do with my business. That is actually how the real world works and how American law works. I have the right to say what I want to say and not have my business attacked for personal opinions. It's called protected speech. My business wasn't attacked for poor business practices or for poor products, it was attacked with lies, actually. I know my words are strong, but what was said about me was lies, and it's totally wrong and evil to attack my business for lies or for having opinions that others disagree with. If you think my business deserves to be attacked for my having my own opinions, then you're a Nazi-like character. This would've gone way smoother if the attacks on me (originally) were truthful, but they weren't. If you're going to attack me, then at least be honest about what I say and what I do or don't do.

I am my own boss. Not you, or anyone else here. Going to The Thunderdome to participate in activities there is nothing like going upstairs to accounting department. What a stupid comparison. There's supposed to be rules to this forum, and I use the forum appropriately. The Thunderdome is where controversy is supposed to be discussed in. Opinions in The Thunderdome are not appropriate to be taken to my business thread, period. That's against forum rules, first of all, and it's just evil, quite frankly. "I don't like what Buck said in The Thunderdome, so I'm going to try to ruin his business." <---that's evil.

This is some cancel culture BS. I have freedom of speech and also have protection of my business from defamation or direct attacks for events or opinions that have nothing to do with my business. If anyone doesn't like what I say, then why don't you debate me fairly in the dome?

I would like to see a raise of hands who think my business deserves to be attacked for me exercising my freedom of speech in The Thunderdome, so that way I know who all the totalitarians are on here that think they're better than everyone else.

People have the right to not use your business if they don’t like you due to things you’ve said, but I don’t think attacking a business thread directly is appropriate. You could start a new thread in the thunderdome about it maybe, but not on the actual thread.

People have the right to not use your business if they don’t like you due to things you’ve said, but I don’t think attacking a business thread directly is appropriate. You could start a new thread in the thunderdome about it maybe, but not on the actual thread.

I 100% agree with this statement. You seem to have followed this the whole time with what I ACTUALLY said vs what was lied about that I said. It's all ridiculous. I'm being attacked for having a differing opinion on things non-audio related. That's evil. If you want to attack me for my non-audio related comments, then attack me in The Thunderdome, where we all are equal and all do the same thing.

"This guys believes differently than me! Let's try to destroy his business!"

My customers know that I take designing seriously. I get sent designs by some major audio players. Opinions are opinions; everybody has opinions. Opinions are not actions; opinions do not threaten anyone. Opinions do not warrant the attacking of a business. I don't deny business based off non-audio opinions, or lack of audio knowledge. I try to design for anyone and everyone.

But anyways, hope everyone is having a nice day. I can't wait to get my big PC back up and running, so I can get back to designing. I'm a fiend for designing; my customers know how I am, how serious I take my designing service, how OCD I am about details, etc. Some of the biggest sh*t talkers about me have no idea who I really am or how I really run my business. It's awesome. I'm just a straight-forward dude. Anyways, much love. I'm thinking about playing the OG starcraft on my laptop while waiting on my cables to arrive.

That is actually how the real world works and how American law works. I have the right to say what I want to say and not have my business attacked for personal opinions. It's called protected speech.
No in the real world this isn't how it works. Protection of speech protects you from government interference, it doesn't protect you from the consumer consequences of your actions/words (which is the grand scheme of cancel culture)
it's totally wrong and evil to attack my business for lies or for having opinions that others disagree with
It's not fair but it's a significant factor of how a business is perceived. It's a large reason why 90% of businesses keep there mouths shut when it comes to controversial topics
and I use the forum appropriately
Doesn't matter. Local business got his reputation smeared and had to close down because he was posting crazy **** on the website stormfront. He couldn't just claim "we'll technically I was posting the materials on the correct forum", once his views came out he was toast regardless of him technically being in the right
This is some cancel culture BS.
It's not fair but it's life. Almost every single company doesn't get involved in controversial topics for this exact reason. Your not protected from backlash, it's a large reason why bigger companies invest heavily in PR departments to negate/minimize controversy

I’ve seen people literally chastise others for posting about a subwoofer in the wrong section or ask a question about audio in the thunderdome. I’m not sure why the rule isn’t the same for vendor threads. It’s not consistent with the forum rules, it just isn’t.

Doesn't matter. Local business got his reputation smeared and had to close down because he was posting crazy **** on the website stormfront.

That's only your opinion. This is the problem with people like you: you say my opinion is crazy, like I don't get to have one. I deserve to have my business attacked for expressing myself, right?

No in the real world this isn't how it works. Protection of speech protects you from government interference, it doesn't protect you from the consumer consequences of your actions/words (which is the grand scheme of cancel culture)

Wrong. Constitutional rights protects an individual against anyone outside of the individual. That is why they are called individual rights. Example: the 4th ammendment to privacy means that you can't go spying on people inside of their houses, whether you're a neighbor or a government or a corporation.

Almost every single company doesn't get involved in controversial topics for this exact reason. Your not protected from backlash, it's a large reason why bigger companies invest heavily in PR departments to negate/minimize controversy

Yep, and that's why we are losing all of our rights left and right. Men aren't men anymore. I need your man card back, so I can give it to men who will actually use it.

I’ve seen people literally chastise others for posting about a subwoofer in the wrong section or ask a question about audio in the thunderdome. I’m not sure why the rule isn’t the same for vendor threads. It’s not consistent with the forum rules, it just isn’t.

Oh, I deserve it, though. I post opinions that some don't like, therefore I shouldn't be allowed to exist.

You can clearly see the ugliness inside of the type of people who think that people shouldn't be allowed to have opinions that don't agree with their own. I have many good relationships with many of my customers. Everybody putting in their negative 2 cents about me in here are not customers, nor do they seem to actually care about anything else but their own opinions. I do post strong opinions, but that's all that they are. They aren't actions. I'm not hurting anyone. Defaming a business is an attempt to harm me. I will always exercise my rights that I have, because if I don't, that's how I lose them and become a slave.

How messed up is that? Seriously?

"You run a business, therefore you can no longer be a normal person that can express opinions." <---To anyone who believes that, have fun being a slave.

Buck is trying to back pedal now and not own up to what he said that originally started all this BS. He even went back and edited some of the posts after I called him out on what he said. He wants to "baby face" what he said and cry to the admins (again). If I wanted to really blow up his thread then I would. I even posted that I hope he makes a million bucks designing boxes. In fact, if he keeps trying to back pedal so much and not own up to what he did then I probably will blow up his thread.

You can clearly see the ugliness inside of the type of people who think that people shouldn't be allowed to have opinions that don't agree with their own. I have many good relationships with many of my customers. Everybody putting in their negative 2 cents about me in here are not customers, nor do they seem to actually care about anything else but their own opinions. I do post strong opinions, but that's all that they are. They aren't actions. I'm not hurting anyone. Defaming a business is an attempt to harm me. I will always exercise my rights that I have, because if I don't, that's how I lose them and become a slave.

How messed up is that? Seriously?

"You run a business, therefore you can no longer be a normal person that can express opinions." <---To anyone who believes that, have fun being a slave.

Having a business comes with certain responsibilities. That's why you see companies getting boycotted all the time. The boycotts usually have very little to do with the actual business. Business owners have to hold themselves to a higher standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Buck

5,000+ posts
little alien on campus
Buck
Inside of a pyramid
Start date
Participants