value of MTX black gold subs

dropkick13
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Md / Ny
I have been trying to sell my pair of 10's for a while now, without any luck. I'm not sure if I need to lower my price or not. I mean, yea, usually if something doesn't sell then it's an obvious sign that the price needs to be lowered BUT because these are subs that would be targeted to a specific type of person, I might just need to be patient....I guess kind of like selling a heavily modified vehicle. You need to wait for a buyer to be interested in all the same mods you did to the vehicle.

So, with that said, the subs sound perfect buy could use a reconing for cosmetic reasons.

What should I try to sell them for? They are too rare to use ebay or anything else for an idea of what they are going for.

hah yep, actually I had talked to him some recently on SSA. He deeply regretted selling them and advised for me to a) make sure I definitely want to part with them and b) don't be in a rush to get rid of them because the right buyer will definitely come along and pay asking price.

Thanks for trying to help me out though, I appreciate it.

O, and I have been asking for $70 each. The last price I saw these for was $120 each but that was in good cosmetic condition and about a year ago. I figured the over 40% off for cosmetic flaws was fair.

I have 2 right now that are 14 yrs old and just showing their age. Dust covers are coming lose and rattling. I'm trying to glue them bacdk down which should work. If not, I'd be interested in your 2, but the reconing concerns me.email me a price and pic, d13marino@comcast.net and maybe we'll talk.

Whats the deal with the cones?? What r u asking for them? I brought a pr in a box 3 yrs ago for 50$. blew my RFs away. But due to a wiring issue i toastd 1 last summer. I know they r rare cause they r old school. Many subs today will handle much more wattage. But what ppl forget is u need bigass amps to push them.Drop me an email @ jackyl91gta@esagelink.com with ur thoughts. - chris

hah yep, actually I had talked to him some recently on SSA. He deeply regretted selling them and advised for me to a) make sure I definitely want to part with them and b) don't be in a rush to get rid of them because the right buyer will definitely come along and pay asking price.

Thanks for trying to help me out though, I appreciate it.

O, and I have been asking for $70 each. The last price I saw these for was $120 each but that was in good cosmetic condition and about a year ago. I figured the over 40% off for cosmetic flaws was fair.
I've got a pair of 12s I'm selling and I'm asking 100 for the pair with a small box there in good shape and work perfectly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.