Using Multiple Source Volumes

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cortland

CarAudio.com Newbie
I currently have a 2018 Kia Sorento with 4 Kicker Q-Class 15" Square Subs (2 Firing Up & 2 Firing Back W\Side Port Tuned to 32HZ); 4 Kicker CXA1200.1 Amps 2 Ohm Mono so each sub gets RMS of 1200W Max. I also have a 300 Amp Ohio Generator Alternator and 2 Extra Batteries in the back (Shurikan I Believe); I find my highs and lows will randomly cut out and then back on again. I Have 2 Audio Control Three.2's (1 for highs and 1 for bass and an Epic 160); I have had systems since 1990 . Trying to figure out what is causing this to happen. Bad ground? Low voltage? I figure it can't be the wiring to the subs or sub amps since the highs will cut out too all at random especially if I go over railroad tracks or any kind of bumpy surface. My source factory radio which can go up to 45 volume and I leave it on 30 thinking that is 3/4 power for a clean signal. I also keep the sub output volume on the bass three.2 at around 3/4 up and use the master volume of the bass three.2 to raise or lower the bass. The subs claim to handle 1200W RMS which is why I mated them up to a 1200W RMS Amp. Would I be better off upgrading the amps to 1800W or even 2400w each and then just keeping my radio volume lover then 30 in hopes of a cleaner signal? Obviously I would have to be mindfull to not turn the volume up high in fear of blowing the subs out. Any thoughts on my theory or issues I am having?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.