USB-C to 3.5 Dongle VS 3.5mm to 3.5mm

Participant count
  • Participant list

GenY

CarAudio.com Recruit
USA
I was wondering if anyone knew if a USB-C to 3.5 dongle would give better audio vs a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack? I was thinking about getting this - HIDIZS Sonata II - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F2DTTGT/?tag=caraudiocom-20

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 and it does have a 3.5 jack but it doesn't sound quit as good or hit as hard ( subwoofer) as my USB flash drive that has FLAC songs on it. I'm trying to stream Amazon HD songs on my aftermarket JVC head unit.

Thanks for any advice.

This seems like something I would try if I was trying to achieve what you want. The straight 3.5 to 3.5 will not improve your sound quality, only send the original signal to the head unit??? The USB Dongle claims to improve sound quality. Give it a try. If it works, the problem solved. If not, Amazon has a great return policy. Make sure you keep all the packaging.

I was wondering if anyone knew if a USB-C to 3.5 dongle would give better audio vs a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack? I was thinking about getting this - HIDIZS Sonata II - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F2DTTGT/?tag=caraudiocom-20

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 and it does have a 3.5 jack but it doesn't sound quit as good or hit as hard ( subwoofer) as my USB flash drive that has FLAC songs on it. I'm trying to stream Amazon HD songs on my aftermarket JVC head unit.

Thanks for any advice.
All you are doing is boosting preout voltage(if you have an amplifier). If you have a relatively new head unit, Use bluetooth and reset your gains. Aux is like the worse. Theres different audio levels between sources which is why head units like pioneer has a source level adjuster to make output uniform through all sources. This is all mainly settings issue that you can fix for free without buying headphone amps that could potentially blow your speakers and subs because you can easily clip from boosting the signal too.

Alright thanks for the advice. I was also wondering if after setting any EQ or Sound Effects within the head unit I could test for distortion uning the SMD - DD1? Could I play a test tone from the phone or a cd to test for any distortion? Thanks again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.