URGENT Wiring help? (newbie)

Pyrolight
10+ year member

USA
Hey all,

I just recieved all of the components I need for my first system and am very confused on how to wire everything. I have my HU and speakers set up but i need to wire my new amp (Profile CA800) and my sub (Adire Audio Tempest dual 8 ohm vc's) the amp says its bridgable to 4 ohms for 600 Watts. How would i go about wiring it to accomplish this. Any help is greatly appreciated! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bowdown.gif.b85b23b82970bd22fb6b549c3392f016.gif

-Pyro //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

The sticky has no information on wiring a sub with 8 ohm dual voice coils (it only shows dual 4 ohm voice coils)

well just substitute the numbers. think about it this way. If you wire and of the voice coild in series which means wiring it so the negative of the first coil goes to the positve of the second coil you will add the impedance. I.E. in your case if you add two 9 ohm coils you will get a 16ohm definetly not what you want.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard/1_2ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

The way you are going to want to do it is in parallel. This way you will be conneting the two positive terminals on your woofer and the two negatives on the woofer.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard/1_4ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

And now for the amp. you are going to want to bridge the output. So you are going to do is connect the two red terminals and two negatives together. Then run the red wire to the two bridged terminal and the one negative wire to the other side of the two birdged coils.

The woofer is slighlty underpowerred so becareful of clipping. You will notice this if the sounds starts to get really distorted and or cut out in which case you will have to stop playing the radio imeddiatly and adjust your gains or you could dmage the amp or woofers.

Good luck let me now how that works out for you. :thumbsup

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.