Upgrading my 09 chevy silverado system. could use a little help.

appreciate the info! sounds like im a dummy cause i would set my gain on my amp to max with a remote knob hooked up and just turn the bass up until i thought it was right.
No not a dummy, I was in your shoes less than a year ago and I just started watching YouTube videos and researching. When I was a teenager in the 90's I only understood up to needing crossovers but had no clue what the gain dial did or anything else. Im pretty sure I got lucky or was so paranoid that I had everything set well below their potential.
You did well coming here first.

Md3000 2 ohm would be a good amp factoring box rise. Md1800 2 If you want to shave $20. Full bridge is your friend.

did you say what headunit you have? Depending on what you got 4 channel amp on active in your front stage would be solid. Alternative would be a Comp set on a bridged 4 channel. Do you have empty door pillar to put a tweeter, you could put it in the door panel too. 1”hole
was trying to get everything together before i got home so it was waiting for me and ready to be installed.

i havent bought the amp for the subs yet but was looking at the RP-2000.1D which is 1400w RMS at 2 ohm x1 channel or 800w RMS x1 channel at 4ohm. again not sure if im going with it, just looks like a good fit. out of curiousity, is skar a bad brand or do they have unreliable equipment? open to opinions on better equipment if that's the case. only used kicker so far and i've blown multiple 12s and 10s out of kicker on seperate occasions.

The owner scammed alot of people on here and other forums years ago. AKA Skam audio. The equipment is just Chinese cookie cutter or stolen Sundown design with cheap Chinese throw together parts. No R&D done. Quite a few post on here of their poor quality. People just like them cause they are cheap.

You are most likely blowing subwoofers due to clipping from gains not being set correctly.

The owner scammed alot of people on here and other forums years ago. AKA Skam audio. The equipment is just Chinese cookie cutter or stolen Sundown design with cheap Chinese throw together parts. No R&D done. Quite a few post on here of their poor quality. People just like them cause they are cheap.

You are most likely blowing subwoofers due to clipping from gains not being set correctly.
Well the Chinese cookie cutter comment is likely correct. I don’t know much about the scamming. Despite being Chinese or Sundown rip offs, I personally like my Skar gear so far. Just about everything is Chinese these days, especially electronics so you really have to look around if you are he’ll bent against running Chinese gear. US Acoustics could be an alternative, been around since the 90’s and they make some good gear in the same price range that would actually help your power requirements.

The scamming from Skarbage was all over the place. He did it to so many people and on sooo many forums that even mentioning that you are running Skar is not good. He tried to clear up his image but damage is done. He copies everything someone else does only with sub par components, sub par even when said others are using Chinese parts he goes for the cheapest and lowest quality yet charges high dollar in some cases for it.

The only thing that is half way decent are his amps but those are the same in many other amplifiers coming out of China. His 2K was decent on the Dyno from Williston Lamps but as many have pointed out he does dyno testing not quality testing. I was tempted by that amplifier but it came down to the fact I refuse to put a dollar in that mans pocket after what he did to so many people.

Btw a lot of car audio is coming out of Korea and for a good reason, including speakers. Quality is top notch and the people that use their warehouses for builds tend to stand behind their warranty when they sell it to someone.

I would definitely start with replacing your stock battery with a group 31 or 34. They are expensive AF but if you are really planning on running that much power then you will at least need to start there. High Power alternators typically start at $450 for a good one, plus you will need to replace the cables for them as well. You could also use two batteries, replace the stock and hook the other up where your amps are. That would at least compensate for additional burst current draw.
also did some looking around, looks like some yellowtop optimas could work? saw a bunch of stuff for XS Power but someone was telling those batteries are better used as a second battery than a replacement. id prefer to replace my stock battery if possible to preserve space in my cab and not have to worry about building battery housing in my bed. thoughts?

The scamming from Skarbage was all over the place. He did it to so many people and on sooo many forums that even mentioning that you are running Skar is not good. He tried to clear up his image but damage is done. He copies everything someone else does only with sub par components, sub par even when said others are using Chinese parts he goes for the cheapest and lowest quality yet charges high dollar in some cases for it.

The only thing that is half way decent are his amps but those are the same in many other amplifiers coming out of China. His 2K was decent on the Dyno from Williston Lamps but as many have pointed out he does dyno testing not quality testing. I was tempted by that amplifier but it came down to the fact I refuse to put a dollar in that mans pocket after what he did to so many people.

Btw a lot of car audio is coming out of Korea and for a good reason, including speakers. Quality is top notch and the people that use their warehouses for builds tend to stand behind their warranty when they sell it to someone.
alright man, i appreciate the heads up! as of right now im commited to atleast the subs i already purchased prior to coming to caraudio and hearing about it. i guess the most i can do since im already committed is just run these subs and see how far they take me. ill come back once they've been installed and mention if they are doing me good or not. prior to purchasing i spent a couple hours reading reviews and they seemed good from what i saw. the most i heard was about amps heating up after hours of blasting music.

If you look at reviews of Boss audio equipment on Amazon they are mainly all good reviews... :whistle:

Okay I'm done.. lol

Optima batteries are not good batteries anymore. They used to be 10 years ago but not now and yes I have had two of them in the past. If you have a Sams club near you they have Duracell platinum AGMs. Great budget AGM batteries.

If you look at reviews of Boss audio equipment on Amazon they are mainly all good reviews... :whistle:

Okay I'm done.. lol

Optima batteries are not good batteries anymore. They used to be 10 years ago but not now and yes I have had two of them in the past. If you have a Sams club near you they have Duracell platinum AGMs. Great budget AGM batteries.
nah man you're good, appreciate the honesty. so replacing stock battery with an platinum AGM would be the go to?

Yes. Upgrade your "big 3" as well with some 1/0 and you should be good.
alright sounds good. i wish i could look at my trucks battery right now, just curious if dimensions are gonna be different, last time i looked at my battery it looked like a "typical" car/truck battery. assuming the Duracell AGM is gonna fit, be nice to be sure though. thanks man.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.