Upgrading 2016 infiniti qx80 factory bose system.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ryanh0190

CarAudio.com Newbie
So this is my first post, hello. Was really into car audio back in the simple days of late 90s to early 2000s. Now, owning a much more complicated vehicle, I would like to upgrade the factory bose system in my 2016 infiniti qx80. The sound ***** but everything looks so complicated and would be happy with just some speaker upgrades. Looks like I have front center, front door and dash speakers, rear door components and not sure if there is a sub or not. Would like to start with the front center or should I just remove and focus on door and dash? Problem is, I would have to remove the whole dash just to get to them. What I do understand is that bose uses a 2ohm system? Not looking to spend a ton of money, just something simple and clear. Any thoughts? Hard to find info on the qx80.
Thanks for any input.

Hey I'm new here and just saw your post. You can certainly upgrade the system in your Infiniti, I did...but it won't be cheap. You won't be able to remove the factory HU and amp since it does so much more than just audio (air conditioning info etc). If you just wanted to add a sub, you could certainly do that for a reasonable price, but you all that will do is feed your need to have more. If you want to do it, save up and do it right.

You will need a Line Output Converter ran from the Bose factory amp, preferably something with channel summing. I currently use a DQ-61, but I have a DM-608 coming in the mail, it's an upgrade since it has a DSP function. You may will also need LGDs attached to the LOC. After that, you can just choose your amps and speakers and you're all set. Let me know if you need any other info.

I just bought a 2016 QX 80, I want to start with either adding or replacing the subwoofers. I haven’t found any info as far as what size subwoofers are. Ryan what did you end up installing?

I just bought a 2016 QX 80, I want to start with either adding or replacing the subwoofers. I haven’t found any info as far as what size subwoofers are. Ryan what did you end up installing?
If you are adding, then you have a choice of the size. (Also factor in the cost of an amplifier to power it/them.) It will also save you the labor/cost of disassembling your vehicle. It depends on how much rear cargo room you are willing to give up for the sub/subs and enclosure. If you can't do the install yourself, Best Buy advertise $24.95 to install a single subwoofer. You bring the wiring kit and subwoofer or purchase it from them. If interested, stop past to get an estimate. I do my own installs but have used them for my daughter vehicles. Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...