Update on the build

Participant count
  • Participant list

20 hz bass machine
Premium Member

Danger Ranger
Those of you who've been following will know the back story to this build but ill give a brief update.
The truck was built by me and my brother over that last year or so.

First build was 4 sundown x8s in a ported blowthrough powered by a scv 4k hitting roughly 146 db.
From there we went to 2 zv5 18s in a 4th order blowthrough powered by the same scv 4k hitting just over 151 db.
Next upgrade was swapping out the 4k for a sfb 8k. That got us to 155
We blew the 8k at a show shortly after and decided to overhaul the system once more.
We bought 2 more 18s and did a walled 4th order powered by 2 sfb 8ks. That got us to 159 and change.
We never blew another 8k but decided to switch to Korean and swapped out the 8ks for 2 DC 10ks. We didn't gain any spl but we gained reliability.
Bits and pieces along the way include: front battery delete, 2 custom built 70ah headway lithium banks, installed a custom built dual alt bracelet to house a second mechman 320.

A few months after the build was finished we tore apart one of our 18s and decided to do another upgrade. We rebuilt all the subs, added 4 8" midbass drivers and did a little cosmetic work on the interior of the box. With the subs tore apart for rebuild we took the opportunity to get the baskets professionally acid dipped and powder coated in flourevent colors to match the interior of the box.
We didn't gain much with the new (not oem) recones despite the well known drop in recone builder claiming average gains of 2 db. Regardless we did hit our pb of 159.4.

I have plans to rebuild the box it hopes to get a little more peak. But that won't be until summer.

Here's a few current pics showing the new paint job and the 4 8" mid bass drivers.

Cant find a pic of the 8's will add them later

Thank you, stay tuned for further updates.
facebook_1616151354813_6778630092104304962_508777936933670.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.