Unit wont turn on sometimes

Participant count
  • Participant list

Oderus

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi there i was wondering if anyone has had this problem because i can not figure it out, i have a boss bv9976b head unit and it will be on and then i shut off my car for more than about 5 hrs and it wont turn back on with the car so i have to pull it out unplug the harness and plug it back in then it comes back on, and if i only have the car off for a hr or two it comes back on when i start my car, any ideas on this?

Most likely an internal power supply issue that gets reset when you unplug the unit from its constant 12v signal. Boss HU's are not known for their quality control or lack of issues. Remove the Boss and replace it with something better. That should get rid of the issue.

Hi there i was wondering if anyone has had this problem because i can not figure it out, i have a boss bv9976b head unit and it will be on and then i shut off my car for more than about 5 hrs and it wont turn back on with the car so i have to pull it out unplug the harness and plug it back in then it comes back on, and if i only have the car off for a hr or two it comes back on when i start my car, any ideas on this?
If you don’t have the money for a new radio you have two other possibilities to get your radio back on the first is examine the radio and see if you see a small circle sometimes on the face sometimes behind the face plate . This would be a radio reset switch use a toothpick and push inside . There will be a rubber push button that depresses a micro switch. This should reset radio without pulling it out and sometimes resets software glitches . If you don’t see this or it doesn’t work you have plan two that is to hook a toggle switch up to the yellow wire where it can break battery contact and can restart the radio without having to pull it out of the dash and unplug it each time .

And then there is always plan 3 as 02WS6 stayed replace the radio in the car audio world BOSS is known as ( BOX OF SORRY SH!T ) not the best products . I know that’s a higher end Boss being the flip out version but still they don’t have the best quality control . Some of the better name brands are Pioneer Alpine JVC Kenwood their quality control is much better the sound is much cleaner and they hold up much better .

Thanks for the suggestions i will definitely try the reset button, and yes thats my next step is to get a new head unit hopefully sooner than later, probably why my friend gave it to me lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.