Unique 4 way active front stage idea

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jakerrr
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
This would be a normal 3 way except for one thing. Considering 4 way with another ppi p900.4, but with some high quality super tweeters just for some of the top octave, high passed at 9-12 kHz minimum. Never seen that done before but the massive amount of extra sensitivity in the top octave would add some pretty intense airiness I would assume. What do y'all think?

Go 4 way or go home //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
I did discuss three ways with the girl I mentioned in the other thread. She didn't really say no, just that she wouldn't know what to do.

If you were on MAF, I'd make a 4 way reference, because there's a different girl I'm talking about on that site. They're friends and both sit at my table in Physics class.

Anyways, I'd focus more on door treatment, alignment, DSP, EQ, Ect. before dumping money into a 4 way system that you throw together without the advanced SQ knowledge that Focal/Hertz R&D techs have

I did discuss three ways with the girl I mentioned in the other thread. She didn't really say no, just that she wouldn't know what to do.
If you were on MAF, I'd make a 4 way reference, because there's a different girl I'm talking about on that site. They're friends and both sit at my table in Physics class.

Anyways, I'd focus more on door treatment, alignment, DSP, EQ, Ect. before dumping money into a 4 way system that you throw together without the advanced SQ knowledge that Focal/Hertz R&D techs have
train em when they young

Check out some files in Audacity to see the spectral content, then measure your car with an RTA to find out how much information is actually above 10K, or even 8K. If you're using small tweeters and they can't play well enough at the top octave you need different tweeters or you can re-aim them straight at your face for maximum high frequency energy.

Most of us can't hear over 6k hertz
When I was in electronics class sometimes someone would hook up a small speaker to a tone generator and start winding down from 20khz. Many people (college age) could hear 14-15K, Really few people can hear above that, and lots of people couldn't hear above 10. I think if you can't hear above 6 you've done some severe damage to yourself.

When I was in electronics class sometimes someone would hook up a small speaker to a tone generator and start winding down from 20khz. Many people (college age) could hear 14-15K, Really few people can hear above that, and lots of people couldn't hear above 10. I think if you can't hear above 6 you've done some severe damage to yourself.
I've worked on the flight deck of a carrier most of my adult life. I would say my high frequency hearing is about shot

We were listening to some tones from 10k and up, I could hear up to 18 kHz. One girl could hear 20 kHz. If the speakers were very high quality who knows maybe I could've heard higher frequencies. But yeah, 18 kHz definitely sounded like something you would not normally hear in music. But I've faintly heard similar sounds from the ringing of certain instruments.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.