two dd 9500 15's or one dd redline 800 18"?

Man I wish i had four 9500's in my scion

You do not have enough space for 4 15s in that car any way you slice it. As you see already you're struggling to fit 2.

I don't think those 2x6s on the sides of the box are helping at all. Lose those and looking at the last pic it seems you might be able to slide the box about 8" further to the front just to test how leaving a bit more open by the port side will effect things. Those side pockets look like good spots to tuck amps if you can fit them there.

Oh i know I don't lol.....unless I went sealed....i do want atleast one more though, just the two I can already tell isn't the loud that I'm chasing after....

These tc's have a shiit ton of room behind the panels....hold on and ill show you

Oh and the 2x6's on the sides are to keep it from sliding around because its not secured at the moment. Because of testing and amp placement

I moved them back 12 inches. They sound good, they may have been to close to the hatch.

If I cut it down to 40 that puts it at 7.2....thats what they had originally.

Last edited:
So somehow the motor shifted slightly and the soft parts are frozen.....what the fuuck do I do? Im so pissed off right now...i went ahead and ordered another recone....$194 incase anyone is curious. But the spiders are on back order for two weeks. When i ordered the other one I got it the next day. I hate this stupid shiit

Give me a few minutes and I will definitely upload some pictures for you guys

So somehow the motor shifted slightly

Pics? Motors do not shift for no reason, it normally takes a drop or other serious shock particularly something like DD where they're not using cheap ass glues. I suspect you just slinkied a coil or something but if the pole piece shifted that is absolutely not anything you want to mess with.

20200812_092604.jpg
20200812_092604.jpg

Attachments

• 20200812_092550.jpg
    20200812_092550.jpg
    611.5 KB · Views: 229
I can't imagine how that happened short of someone dropped it at some point. May even be just the slugs and top plate are a bit off center but the pole is still centered in the gap and you just slinkied the coil.

You'll need to get the softparts dug out of there anyway so might as well try to carve out all that. Might want to get the frame off too since you'll want to ship it out for realignment if it's actually shifted the gap. You can use USPS large flat rate box with some foam (and definitely insurance) to ship most motors which will come out a lot cheaper than trying to pay by the pound.

Thats what it is....the slugs are off centered....i couldn't think of the proper name lol....so is there anyway I can attempt to fix it? Because I've already dropped $400 on two recones in the past 2 weeks. I dont really want to spend anymore money trying to fix it cause i know there's other subs that are far better than these 9500's....i picked one up for $230 and the other i traded two meso 18's for....

When it happened the other day I was on the highway and I started playing them and they played for a few minutes just fine. And then all of a sudden it sounded like metal slapping and then it obviously froze in place. I drove over a set of train tracks. But they weren't to rough. Fairly smooth.

Last edited:
That's unusual for DD. Trying to separate magnets that big and reassembling is dangerous. I would not even consider it.

Dunno what you think you're going to get for better subs period much less for less than the cost of sending it back to DD for alignment.

I still haven't received the second recone from dd yet. But I also haven't sent the sub off yet because I dont know how much shipping is going to be. And nobody from dd has emailed me back to let me know how much the repair will be....so im just going to call them tomorrow morning and ask.

I built a box for just the one, and it sounds like an 8" with like 400 watts being pushed to it.....the coils started to smell, so I just shut it off....im thinking about either selling them as is and seeing if I can find an 18" with a 4 inch coil.

Or just say fucck it and take everything out and be done with it.

Cause I've fought with car problems, then stupid **** with my stereo, finally got it up and going, one of them blows, fix it, then the magnet shifts not even two weeks later, I finally was able to get decently loud and then in a blink of an eye its fuckinng gone.....between the amp, battery lugs, distro blocks, wiring, and alternator ive got about $1200

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.