Trying to decide on a setup for the daily driver after being out of audio for 5 years

Participant count
  • Participant list

mat3833
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
florida
Hello ladies and gents, I'm back after a very long hiatus.

I'm trying to put together some kind of decent sounding system for my Jetta, and the only real part left is the substage.

Herr is what I have situated so far:

Head unit is a Kenwood KMM-X704

Fronts are a set of MB Quart CQ-61 comps I held onto when I got out powered by a Zed Mikro IV I also kept.

Keeping the stock rear speakers and powering them with the head unit.

Substage will either be powered by 2 channels bridged on the Mikro, or potentially from the blown Mmats D2100.2 I have if I can find someone to fix it for a decent price.

I have sitting my closet a single 10w6 with a small sealed enclosure and a single JBL W15 GTI MK2 left from running a pair of them. Trunk space is at a premium so the W15 is probably getting sold unless I decide to cut a hole in my rear deck and run it infinite baffle.

Obviously with what I have I can either go BIG or stay small. I would love to run the W15, but I'm not committed to cutting up my car just yet. If I could get my hands on a nice, low Fs tc9 based sub with some soft spiders I could give it 1.5 cubes sealed and throw 200w at it and probably be satisfied for now, but we all know how that goes.

So does anyone have a suggestion for something with good cone area and flat-ish response that is happy in smaller enclosures?

My last setup was a pair of the W15s infinite baffle powered by the D2100 on roughly 2000w at 1.5 ohm, but now I have kids and I carry a ton of tools in my trunk for work so I need that trunk space if I can keep it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.