Trusted Brands / Budget Brands (slightly overrated) and Junk Brands List

Trusted:SSA (IC2200.1 & IC150.4). //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Yep

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

What about Audio Legion? I don't know much about them...

Yep 

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

What about Audio Legion? I don't know much about them...
They are a solid choice, I would categorize them in the same ballpark as American Bass for example. They have a couple of monster amps. AL has been great to work with.

and if i remember the brz2100 scored similar to the aq2200... i havent talked to t fade in awhile.... and wait a minute AQ/SQ didnt make trusted... wth... ive been running most there equipment in my two daily drivers while doing my build... def. trusted..... i see they went to a two channel line is it not good anymore?
i own 1 aq22000 1 sq 2200 1 aq 90x4 sq 90x4 6 hdc4s 2 hdc3s have been used daily for years... id recommend without a doubt...
2200.1 and 2200.2 are both mono amps. Just v1 and v2
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I remember back in 2012 when the MBQ Discus 1500 was the best bang for your buck, everyone wanted one and when used they sold for almost the new price.

I was looking at the NVX stuff, they seem to be a rebranded Polk Audio amp.

i wasn't talking about 1 amp from yrs ago... and u don't have a sig..
my whole thing with this thread is its all about models... then dude comes in and says only referring to new models... but then whos bench testing and torturing testing to know its trustworthiness ...lol idk i will rarely take a shot in the dark and buy new and take a chance versus buying a older model new that i already have had experience with... i usually take chances on used or trades but by that time they arent new models anymore... lol

Why is Audio Legion on the budget list when their amps are on par with or better than most on the top list? Their amps are coming from Zenon just like many of the others on the list.

There are way too many inconsistencies

That's why it needs to be cleaned. There are a TON of audio companies. Audio Legion being put in the Budget Category is based on a recommendation to put them in same class as American Bass. They sell them, figured they had a decent idea.

I think the inconsistencies is on par with this industry. Take American Bass, they have stuff that will blow your mind, and they have stuff that can't meet its ratings. Hifonics goes from making decent value products (Though slightly optimistic in ratings) to completely overrating their stuff.

my whole thing with this thread is its all about models... then dude comes in and says only referring to new models... but then whos bench testing and torturing testing to know its trustworthiness ...lol idk i will rarely take a shot in the dark and buy new and take a chance versus buying a older model new that i already have had experience with... i usually take chances on used or trades but by that time they arent new models anymore... lol
I wouldn't say it's all about new models, but if its known a company is putting out nothing but sub par products TODAY, then they have to be knocked down.

I remember back in 2012 when the MBQ Discus 1500 was the best bang for your buck, everyone wanted one and when used they sold for almost the new price.

I was looking at the NVX stuff, they seem to be a rebranded Polk Audio amp.
Actually the NVX amps share boards with a Precision Power, Soundstream, Hertz, Polk and others. Solid amp line from that buildhouse.

I've been out of car audio for a loooong time but I'm getting ready to dive back in with some old relics that have been gathering dust for years. Precision Power Art series, Hafler and an old Hott-setup which I believe was made by Orion. It is kinda sad to see some big names from the late 80's and early 90's on the budget/Junk lists.

I like your list, a lot of quality products on there. However even though an amp might be overrated does not mean it is "junk." It is naive to think the PD5000 from Boss has 5000W for under $200.

Sure it might be overrated by a few hundred but the 4500W you get are quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...