Trusted Brands / Budget Brands (slightly overrated) and Junk Brands List

bigblank69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Eureka, MO
Based on a thread a "Noob" started, I thought I would throw this out there and hopefully compile a list of Trusted Brands / Budget Brands that are decent but may be a bit overrated /Junk Brands. So we don't get any more people asking about how awesome a Boss Riot amp is or if SSL amps will do rated...

This is an AMPLIFIER ONLY LIST:

So let me me start this off:

Trusted

Digital Designs

Sundown

Incriminator Audio

JL Audio

JBL

Rockford Fosgate

Infinity

MTX

Crescendo

Soundigital

Taramps

PRV

Stetsom

Soundqubed

Twisted Sounds

Brutal Sounds

Orion (XTR And HCCA)

NVX

Focal

Hertz

Arc Audio

Ampere Audio

Alphard

DC Audio

Synergy Audio

Banda

Image Dynamics

Pioneer

Polk

B2

Audison

Zed

Us Acoustics

Mosconi

Mmats

Memphis

Kicker

SSA

Audio Legion

CT Sounds

Brax

Helix

Ground Zero

Alpine

Budget

Car Audio Bargain

Rockville

Precision Power

Soundstream

Belva (BB3000dv2 meets Rating on Dynamic, and supposedly bb5000dv2 can meet ratings at 2ohm (no 1 ohm test has been done)

Sound Ordinance

MB Quart

Kenwood (Mini Amps)

American Bass (VFL Line is a top level performer)

SKAR

Audiopipe

Massive Audio

Junk

BOSS

Pyle

Audiobahn

Pyramid

SSL

Dual

Hifonics (They used to be budget+ but they need to get their act together)

Planet Audio

Jensen

Crunch

Autotek

Power Acoustik

Legacy

Lanzar (Opti may be budget, but not sure if still made)

Geez there used to be so many more junk brands going to need some help with that list

Last edited by a moderator:
Not every product line by every single trusted brand is a quality piece of equipment.

This thread is pointless and misleading
Which ones? I know I'm suspect of Massive Audio and American Bass for amps, and I'm not 100% sure on Orion Cobalts

Well for quality your always going to "get what you pay for", but they are for the most part safe brands. You won't buy a Kicker amp and have it rated at 500W Rms and have it put out 350W Dynamic.

Which ones? I know I'm suspect of Massive Audio and American Bass for amps, and I'm not 100% sure on Orion Cobalts
MTX- decent amps, but subs are overpriced meh

Orion- half of their lineup is suspected garbage, other than the HCCA their subs are junk and I question their amp's ability to do rated power

Arc Audio- are they even still in business? Their old stuff was ok

Massive Audio- subs are junk and I question their amps ability to do rated power, for the money there are better performing options

Pioneer- only the Premier series should be trusted, their non Premier amps I would put in the budget category and their non Premier subs are junk

Polk - decent amps that do rated but junk subs, for the money are are better performing options

Kenwood - the only thing they make that can be trusted are headunits, everything else is junk

MBQ, Hifonics and Crunch - all decent budget amps but subs and speakers are junk

Belva and Sound Ordinance- all junk

You left out Dayton, FI, B2 and numerous others from the trusted category

and Car Audio Bargain should be in the budget category

MTX- decent amps, but subs are overpriced mehOrion- half of their lineup is suspected garbage, other than the HCCA their subs are junk and I question their amp's ability to do rated power

Arc Audio- are they even still in business? Their old stuff was ok

Massive Audio- subs are junk and I question their amps ability to do rated power, for the money there are better performing options

Pioneer- only the Premier series should be trusted, their non Premier amps I would put in the budget category and their non Premier subs are junk

Polk - decent amps that do rated but junk subs, for the money are are better performing options

Kenwood - the only thing they make that can be trusted are headunits, everything else is junk

MBQ, Hifonics and Crunch - all decent budget amps but subs and speakers are junk

Belva and Sound Ordinance- all junk

You left out Dayton, FI, B2 and numerous others from the trusted category

and Car Audio Bargain should be in the budget category
Arc still makes higher end amps and processors. The speakers are rebranded and marked up 80%

Ok this was an amp list not a subwoofer list. And I'm not debating some of your comments... Every amp Dyno of an Orion XTR and HCCA line has come back meeting it's ratings. Kenwoods mini amps have been meeting it's ratings and popular in the powersports and marine world. Again same with pioneer, you call them junk but I can't find a test showing that.

Sound Ordinance is Crutchfield's house brand. Do they not meet ratings?

This was suppose to be an organic list that can change

Ok this was an amp list not a subwoofer list. And I'm not debating some of your comments... Every amp Dyno of an Orion XTR and HCCA line has come back meeting it's ratings. Kenwoods mini amps have been meeting it's ratings and popular in the powersports and marine world. Again same with pioneer, you call them junk but I can't find a test showing that.
Sound Ordinance is Crutchfield's house brand. Do they not meet ratings?

This was suppose to be an organic list that can change

I missed the amp only part

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...