Truck won't start with key but will start with remote fob.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Joe audioguy

CarAudio.com Newbie
My dad has a 2005 Ford f150 that has some kind of viper remote start system on it and it's got to where when I try to start it with the key It's like the alarm goes off the horn blares on and off all kinds of – lights flash on and off. Even the radio seems to be going on and off. I stumbled on the fact that it actually had the remote system on it by looking at his extra key fobs he had. He had no idea. When I try starting the truck with the key fob it actually works and then when you put the key in it while it's running it's all right. When you tap on the brake everything starts going off again until it times out after 30 seconds or so. Sometimes after it runs for a little while it will then start with just the key again. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

front doors are subs...fyi Go with AudioControl 6x9 components up front and coaxials in the rear. You will be impressed with just changing to that.
Absolutely. I am always learning and think it's probably impossible to stop learning. I appreciate the advice and don't doubt for a second the...
A lot of guys say I'm going low-end on cost but I see a lot of guys recommending just as cheap or cheaper products. Like MESO-6-5-3WAY-COM //...
Then I would get the dual 4 ohm subwoofers and wire it to 1 ohm like in the link below. Those subwoofers are 500 watts rms so running them at 1...
ok i get it dodge ram and full strip inside for second skin . power is run down drivers side and speaker wire is run down passanger side thank you

About this thread

Joe audioguy

CarAudio.com Newbie
Joe audioguy
Tennessee
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from