Truck (Rear Seat, Limited Space)Subwoofer Options?

Gunslinger 1845

CarAudio.com Newbie
Texas
Hey y'all, just signed up today so I'm new here but not all that new to car audio. Hope y'all are all safe during this crap going around.

Anyways onto why I created an account here in the first place. I have an 05 Silverado with the Ultra Deep Maxx box from Subthump. I have two old as hell JL 10w6v2 subs. Thought something sounded funny to my ears the other day (just not the bass I usually hear.... noticably weaker) so I checked. Right off the bat I saw one sub had busted it's foam surround. I replaced both surrounds about 5 years ago cause when I bought them used both were rotten. So I wanna go a different route this time. I wanna ditch the box and subs (not re-foaming again it's a pain in the ass) for a single 12 incher in a single box. I have Fosgate Prime 1200.1 now as the Hifonics Brutus 1200.1 I had took a crap on me about a year ago. This amp is supposed to be 1ohm stable. Issue is as always.......room. The 10w6v2 is already a deep sub at almost 7 inches and the box they're in is the deepest one I've found that'll fit under my rear bench seat without any lifting mod.

Can y'all please recommend a 12 inch sub that's 800 to 1000 watts RMS, plays well in a sealed enclosure (don't think I'll be able to find a ported to fit where the sealed barely does), can be wired to 1 ohm.....is visceral and slams cause I'm a metal head who also loves smooth deep bass in country music to. So I guess it needs to be relatively efficient/accurate so as to be able to keep up with the fast double bass drums in metal.

What do y'all have experience with that fits the bill? Just don't recommend the new 10w6v3 or any JL for that matter. Nothing at all wrong with them, I just want something different and to go in a different direction. Thanks again y'all. Let the suggestions roll in!

-Leonard-

Sundown SA 12 V.2. I have an 01 Silverado ext cab and have ran 2 of those 12's in it and they sound great, get loud etc. If your trying to go shallow, Incriminator Flatlyne, or Sundown SD4.

How much depth do you have? Look at Alpine S series - they are a moderate depth, shallower than the ones you have mentioned. The ten is only 4.7" deep.

After box rise that 1200 Will be solid for a lot of good woofers. For your application, consider these

you way be able to do ported if you have the box properly designed. A prefabbed truck drop in sub box will not likely enable you to fully optimize your subs output. You might be able to model one of those prefabbed truck boxes but I would for sure have one built the specs of the sub you build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.