Truck Cab Flexing?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jackson
10+ year member

I also have a problem with the cab of my truck. I have my subs facing up and angled so they fire off the back glass.( I have 4-12's in a ext cab Extreme).Anyway the top of the cab is flexing and echoing to make the subs sound like they are distorting, listening from the outside of truck. From the inside though it pounds and is fairly clean bass.What can I do to fix this?Also what amp would be good to run with these pioneer IMPP 12's? Currently running a 500 watt Majestic that I've had for years.Hooked up 2 subs parallel per channel for 2 ohms per channel. I cannot read signs now with it cranked , but I want better.Appreciate all you guys help ,been out of car audio since high school now getting back into it. I LOVE POUNDING BASS .............//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

the easiest way would be some kind of damping material,ie: dynamat,second skin. pick a good heavy one, pop off your headliner, lay that stuff in, put ur headliner back in and ur in business. may not completely cure it, but will go a long way in doing so. may want to do the doors, back of cab, and floor if time and $ permits.

as to amp, RM likes the tsunami GPX1000, most like the jbl 1200.1, planet audio 1000d, little more cheese, mtx 81000d, rf 1000bd(or bigger) and the list goes on and on and on........................................................//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

something to try.. place your subs facing the floor aprox the height of the high area aginst the back cab approx 4 or 5 inches it will give you window rattling bass esp when windows are cracked half way i currently have this set up in my ext cab s-10 it pounds

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.