to run 2 soundstream 2500s or not hmm.

Participant count
  • Participants list

Bigmann6374
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Moon, PA
I have a dilemma whether or not my skar audio zvx-15 1500 rms subwoofer could take 2 of these bad boys strapped. Right now I'm fixing up a rub-2500 that had a good bit of blown mosfets and 1 63 volt cap. once I'm done fixing it I plan on strapping 2 at 4 ohms which would make 2 ohms.. This would give me roughly 3000 to 3400 watts rms to one sub Id say 3000 clean. But I'm not sure if the sub could take the beating... Give me some opinions its already running at 1 ohm on 1 2500 prob seeing around 2200 rms and it takes it no problem would 800 more watts at 2 ohms be a bad thing?

It will be fine don't even bother looking at the rms rating I had a dc 12k on a dc xl 18 as long as the powers clean it takes alot of power to melt a coil it's the mechanical part on high notes I would go full tilt then real low stuff about 70% u just gotta kinda feel it out.....your sub I wouldnt worry about putting that much power to it idd be more cautious in the 4k+ range

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

Also depends on your enclosure

I have a dilemma whether or not my skar audio zvx-15 1500 rms subwoofer could take 2 of these bad boys strapped. Right now I'm fixing up a rub-2500 that had a good bit of blown mosfets and 1 63 volt cap. once I'm done fixing it I plan on strapping 2 at 4 ohms which would make 2 ohms.. This would give me roughly 3000 to 3400 watts rms to one sub Id say 3000 clean. But I'm not sure if the sub could take the beating... Give me some opinions its already running at 1 ohm on 1 2500 prob seeing around 2200 rms and it takes it no problem would 800 more watts at 2 ohms be a bad thing?
if you currently have it at 1 ohm how can you run it at 2 ohm :S (dvc 2ohm sub can either be wired at 1 ohm or 4 ohm)

if you currently have it at 1 ohm how can you run it at 2 ohm :S (dvc 2ohm sub can either be wired at 1 ohm or 4 ohm)
He means he strap them to 4ohms(each amp would show a 2 ohm load were as strapping them to 2ohm(each amp shows a 1ohm load)

He means he strap them to 4ohms(each amp would show a 2 ohm load were as strapping them to 2ohm(each amp shows a 1ohm load)
i also thought he just meant to say....strap the amps and wire the subs at 4 ohms but the way it was worded was confusing.."I plan on strapping 2 at 4 ohms which would make 2 ohms" and "its already running at 1 ohm on 1 2500 prob seeing around 2200 rms and it takes it no problem would 800 more watts at 2 ohms be a bad thing?"

Fuck it, why not? After rise and voltage drop you should be fine, and you can always dial back gain a little bit or go easy on the volume knob. Plus, if you fry it, it's only Skar.

It's only the zvx-15 worth 450 bucks I think I'll proceed with caution unless you have 450 to just give to me to test this theory out. Thanks for all the help I'm gonna give this a shot but I do not want to run the amps at .6 ohm yet I think running them around 2 ohms a piece will be safer for now. And I did mean strapping the amps dropping the impedance I know how ohms work. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.