time for a change

Sone
10+ year member

san diego
alright guys, I need some smart car audio heads that arent biased to come in and give me some quick knowledge and opinions.

I currently run 2 w6v2 10"s off a 500/1... only 1 500/1 now...

I want a change, i want more SPL but I still want the sq the w6's allowed

this is going in the back of a firebird so I don't got much room to work with, the w6's are currently sealed.

I want new woofers

here are my options

magnum 12

13.5 w7

xxx 12

brahma 12

amp would probably be a bx1500 brutus for all 4 set ups

am I going to see a change in bass from these set ups??? I will most likly port if the room allows, or make it a vented box....

any input would be appreciated...if there will be no change, than a quick reply with the words don't do it. would also help.

Thanks...

I have never seen inside the back of a firebird. How much room back their. I do belive you would really see a big step up if you could fit a 15 xxx, brahma, or D2 back their. If money is no problem the 13 W7 ported would also be a great choice.

If you cant fit that much back their I would stick with the ported 12 or 13 W7 option.

also do you plan on getting a bigger or second amp.

I belive the D2 runs well on the lower power amps, just from what I have read.

oh ofcourse im getting a new amp...ya, its not that big in the back of a firebird...

im trying to find some places to get a 13.5 w7...right now all my local dealers are trying to get around 900 or 950 and thats without tax, so im thinkin, **** that...money really isnt a thing, but I am trying to save a little cash.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.