Time Alignment or speaker delete question

Participant count
  • Participants list
Ok I am having some a pillars made with a 3" componet set, i am considering going active with them and not buying the crossover. I need help deciding on my best option.

2016 chrysler 200s with a kenwood 10 channel DSP. 6x75watts rms and 4 aux out. I have i have 8 channels in the car plus the subs and if I go active I will need 10 channels. So a pillars need 4 channels, front doors 2 channels, rear doors 2 channels and rear deck 2 channels. Plus subs. I have a 4 channel kenwood amp. I would like to use this amp for the a pillars. i have full ex and time alighnment on my DSP.

My question is will it work if I split my aux output on my dsp going in to the 4 channel amp to run the front mid and tweeter? The 4 channel has a HPF and a LPF.  So on the dsp amp channels 1-6 controll the rear deck, rear doors and front door. The 4 channel amp control a 3" mid and tweeter. Or is there an amp that will do this like the kicker key?

Here are the amps i own.

Kenwood DSP XR600-6DSP

Kenwood 4 channel amp KAC-M3004

Ok I am having some a pillars made with a 3" componet set, i am considering going active with them and not buying the crossover. I need help deciding on my best option.

2016 chrysler 200s with a kenwood 10 channel DSP. 6x75watts rms and 4 aux out. I have i have 8 channels in the car plus the subs and if I go active I will need 10 channels. So a pillars need 4 channels, front doors 2 channels, rear doors 2 channels and rear deck 2 channels. Plus subs. I have a 4 channel kenwood amp. I would like to use this amp for the a pillars. i have full ex and time alighnment on my DSP.

My question is will it work if I split my aux output on my dsp going in to the 4 channel amp to run the front mid and tweeter? The 4 channel has a HPF and a LPF.  So on the dsp amp channels 1-6 controll the rear deck, rear doors and front door. The 4 channel amp control a 3" mid and tweeter. Or is there an amp that will do this like the kicker key?

Here are the amps i own.

Kenwood DSP XR600-6DSP

Kenwood 4 channel amp KAC-M3004
The Kicker Key 4-channel amp is very nice, but the auto-tune is counterproductive to the overall system design you have described. If you don't like how it tunes your tweeter and mids you are stuck.

The filters on KAC-M3004 are inadequate for running a component set active while being correctly balanced and running each speaker in a way that keeps it reliable and efficient. Splitting one pair of RCA outputs on the DSP means you can't work around the limitations of the amplifier's high pass filter and low pass filter range and fixed slope.

You could make this easier by deleting a pair of speakers from the system layout. Choose rear doors or rear deck. If the rear speaker layout is non-negotiable then delete the 3" mids and do a 2-way front configuration.

If you like this advice I am available for hire to help you refine your system plan and guide you through the initial setup.

You can use the Kicker Key amp, just dont use its time alignment feature, but the internal crossover isnt suited for for what you want. Honestly, i would run the all fronts (pillars and doors) and rear doors speakers off the DSP, trash the deck speakers and leave the rest for the subs. Let the DSP handle all the crossover stuff, that way you dont need to worry about what amp you get for the extra channels. I wont charge you for this advice.

Thanks, I was planning on deleting the rear door speakers and keeping the rear deck due to the rear door only being a 3.5 inch and the rear deck being a 6x9. 

For what it's worth a rarely have another adult in my car. I drop my kids off at school and that's about the only passengers I ever have. So I am only concerned about the drivers audio experience. 

I dont know. I am in a little over my head on this. I figured I would get better response out of my 6x9s than my 3.5 inch door speakers. What I'll do is run the whole rear to my 4 channel kenwood amp and I can try it with with no rear speakers, just the doors and just the deck to see which I like best. 

Thanks. 

I dont know. I am in a little over my head on this. I figured I would get better response out of my 6x9s than my 3.5 inch door speakers. What I'll do is run the whole rear to my 4 channel kenwood amp and I can try it with with no rear speakers, just the doors and just the deck to see which I like best. 

Thanks. 
kick panel 6.5s would be worth it to buy one of those universal enclosures.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.