the sa build is finally done! I thought.....whining from subs.

Participant count
  • Participant list
yeah was gonna wait to do that but i just ran to circle k so took it off and tested the noise is gone. its way louder than i expected. set the gain to approx 1500rms at 50 volume and turned it up fast at a stoplight and got a little disoriented lol
Now I'd like to hear it... setting gains can be a "B" and best set by feel/ear if a DD1/oscope is not available. Doing it with a multimeter is pissing in the wind imo. Get something and find your decks clipping point then set levels along with filters.

Now I'd like to hear it... setting gains can be a "B" and best set by feel/ear if a DD1/oscope is not available. Doing it with a multimeter is pissing in the wind imo. Get something and find your decks clipping point then set levels along with filters.

So, should a bass knob be a last addition? It seems all too often that these bass knobs cause problems.

So, should a bass knob be a last addition? It seems all too often that these bass knobs cause problems.
A passive rca knob is the ****... my amp has temp, voltage and clip right on the knob so I use it but previously i almost never used the factory supplied knob.
I'd say features, type of gain and quality determine what I'd use.

hey man if you're ever close give me a ring. it definitely needs tuning. its a lot heavier and WAY more force on the kick than my old rockford p1 2x10 box. the rockford bass felt more full and quality, filled my cabin better. this could be a tuning issue. i still havent even really messed with crossovers or really fine tuned gain. or my mistakes on the box could be contributing.

but it'd be awesome for someone with an ear to listen and help tune.

the sheer force on the kick with these sa's is like nothing ive ever had though.

hey man if you're ever close give me a ring. it definitely needs tuning. its a lot heavier and WAY more force on the kick than my old rockford p1 2x10 box. the rockford bass felt more full and quality, filled my cabin better. this could be a tuning issue. i still havent even really messed with crossovers or really fine tuned gain. or my mistakes on the box could be contributing.

but it'd be awesome for someone with an ear to listen and help tune.

the sheer force on the kick with these sa's is like nothing ive ever had though.

So, the whining problem is gone for sure? Shredder2 is the real deal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.