Thanks everyone. I just don't have enough $$ for anything nice.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Thanks for the advice and opinions everyone, I really appreciate your help. I've been chatting and reading all day. I just don't have enough money for anything nice. I wanted to do a taramps md5000 pushing 2 XFL 12's. But I only have $2000. I was thinking $400 for amp, $150 for h.u., $600 for install, $400 for 240 - 300 amp JS alt, and $200 for a good battery, and the rest for kits, and wiring. But I was told that that's not enough electrical and the taramps could blow. So I looked into different electrical options such LTO and yinlongs but that was more expensive. I guess I'm going to buy a $400 240 amp alt, an Energizer Platinum amg battery, and do the big 3. Hopefully that will support a 2k amp. Idk, if it blows, it blows.

Your not going to blow a 5k. Clean signal. Big three, strong grounds, proper fusing and being conservative on your gains will protect your amp. You could shave 50 on a headunit, not sure if you already bought one.

Also, you don’t need a 5k to run 2xfls but ifmanage your gains to below the point of significant voltage drop remember those are rated at 12v not 14v you will be fine. Get an alt afterwards should you feel like you really need it. You could also get a smart 3 or and md3000 and shave nearly half of that amp budget

Your not going to blow a 5k. Clean signal. Big three, strong grounds, proper fusing and being conservative on your gains will protect your amp. You could shave 50 on a headunit, not sure if you already bought one.

Also, you don’t need a 5k to run 2xfls but ifmanage your gains to below the point of significant voltage drop remember those are rated at 12v not 14v you will be fine. Get an alt afterwards should you feel like you really need it. You could also get a smart 3 or and md3000 and shave nearly half of that amp budget

I leaning more towards the smart 3 now. The reason I wanted the md5 was to upgrade subs in the future, but I'm not worried about that anymore. Someone I know recommended skar amps, but I don't know how they would stack up against the taramps, at least the series that would fit my budget. Right now I'm researching smart 3 vs md3000.

Dude you’re all over the place. Take the time to research full bridge vs half bridge amp technology. Full bridge like the taramps is far more efficient on electrical and cost effective. I don’t even think skar makes full bridge. You’re trying to spend less on electrical so don’t pivot to a half bridge amp for the sake of the amp price tag..you won’t Get anywhere near 3k on half bridge amp on your current electrical. Give 2 xfl’s a chance. If you’re already thinking about upgrading doesn’t make much sense to buy something you’re going to quickly turn for a likely loss. For example the next model up from and xfl, An ab hd12, will take all of a 5k or more each for each sub

this sounds a lot like you’re trying to do too much at once. In review, Skar **** is average, full bridge amp technology is your friend, advice given by people here=typically good

skip the alt for now, keep gains on the md5k low, and make sure your current delivery is sound with your big three and batteries

Dude you’re all over the place. Take the time to research full bridge vs half bridge amp technology. Full bridge like the taramps is far more efficient on electrical and cost effective. I don’t even think skar makes full bridge. You’re trying to spend less on electrical so don’t pivot to a half bridge amp for the sake of the amp price tag..you won’t Get anywhere near 3k on half bridge amp on your current electrical. Give 2 xfl’s a chance. If you’re already thinking about upgrading doesn’t make much sense to buy something you’re going to quickly turn for a likely loss. For example the next model up from and xfl, An ab hd12, will take all of a 5k or more each for each sub

this sounds a lot like you’re trying to do too much at once. In review, Skar **** is average, full bridge amp technology is your friend, advice given by people here=typically good

skip the alt for now, keep gains on the md5k low, and make sure your current delivery is sound with your big three and batteries

Yeah, I am trying to do too much at once. But, I'm not worried about upgrading subs anymore. I still have door speakers to think about after the initial install. The shop near me quoted the install of h.u. and amp at $600.

I did some more research and skar is out. Right now the smart 3 is in front. The md5 is more than I need, plus my budget is a concern.

All in all, I'm at amp - Smart 3 $300, h.u. -$100 (haven't started researching that too much), and big 3 kit $100. Now I have to figure out the rest of the electrical. I don't know much about the different types of batteries, so that's my next goal.

It's starting to make more sense.

That’s robbery at hu install and amp install at $600. Outsource only what you don’t have expertise in like building an enclosure and installing your deck. Buy your rca’s in advance and have the person who installs your hu connect the rcas and run them to the back and/or under your seat for the mids/highs amp

sams club agms or Napa legend are a good buy. one underhood and maybe one in the back max. Anymore and you’re going to be adding weight that may stress your current suspension (sag). You don’t need lithium’s for your budget or power needs. If you get an alt you don’t need a rear battery.

Find an independent installer on Craigslist and have an honest convo with him. Should be able to get that technical stuff done wayyy cheaper than $600

That’s robbery at hu install and amp install at $600. Outsource only what you don’t have expertise in like building an enclosure and installing your deck. Buy your rca’s in advance and have the person who installs your hu connect the rcas and run them to the back and/or under your seat for the mids/highs amp

sams club agms or Napa legend are a good buy. one underhood and maybe one in the back max. Anymore and you’re going to be adding weight that may stress your current suspension (sag). You don’t need lithium’s for your budget or power needs. If you get an alt you don’t need a rear battery.

Find an independent installer on Craigslist and have an honest convo with him. Should be able to get that technical stuff done wayyy cheaper than $600

I thought that seemed pretty high. I'm about to buy the alt you recommended. Looking at the other things now.

Some fake boobs are ok I guess. Sometimes they look natural. It's the ones that are completely round and so big they look like they are about to split open that don't do anything for me.
Bro their boobs are damn near perfect circles. You do know blondie from Very Cavalleri has fake boobs right? I can't even remember her name now. Had to go to IG to look it up, Reagan. Look up Eva Karera, her boobs are crazy perfect

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.