Testin an Amp, few ?s

Omarvelous
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Queens, NY
Was curious, could i use any RCA output source, such as a cd player or camcorder, to test my amp?

Also what are some ways i can activate the remote lead without connecting it to the car?

Thanks alot

still waiting for my fing LOC, ordered it from autosoundgear.com

I recommend u NOT do business with them. They are terrible.

Alright, i'm using 1/0 for power, can i stick like 1 piece of my remote wire in there, n then have another coming out the remote, then when i connect them.... in a way it sshould start right?

Pretty sure that I don't follow you there...

As long as there is 12V applied to the remote input of the amp, it should turn on. Where you get that 12V doesn't matter. You can hardwire it to the 12+ terminal of the amp if you want, but then it would never turn off.

that's the thing, i wouldn't wire it directly, i would have one , lets say 12 inch length piece wired in remote, another different piece wired into the power

So what i will be doing is when i'm testing, i'll just connect the 2 wires, the one in remote n the one in the power. Just to test.

Also wass wondering if there are fuses for the subwoofer? Would like to minimize the chances of me blowing my sub as possible. Thanks

Are you going to bench test the amp to see how much power it puts out? If so, you don't want an inductive load on it (a speaker) because it will muck up your measurements. You want a bank of resistors, and you probably want them in a bucket of water to keep them cool.

How DO you test the amp to see how much power it puts out? Isn't there some simple way? Also, to check for amplifier clipping with an oscilloscope, you're supposed to use a pure 0 dB sinewave signal right? Where can you download a signal like this from? Thanks, and sorry if I hijacked the thread.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.