Tempest Box @ 35 HZ?!?!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Daniel
10+ year member

Caraudio.com
SFLA
Alright, I was told that people could help me out with how large the port should be and how far it should go in by posting the interior dimensions of my box, and the T/S Parameters of the sub.

Re 3.50 ohms Le 2.9 mH

Qms 6.7 Mms 195 grams

Qes 0.40 Cms 0.34 mm/N

Qts 0.38 Rms 3.5 N*s/m

Fs 18.8 Hz Sd 779 cm^2

Vas 317 liters BL 14.2

Xmax 16.4 mm one way EBP 47

SPL 89.1 dB @ 1W/1m No 0.51%

Pmax 400W per voice coil; 750W total to the driver Distortion

And for the Interiors of the Box: ( L x W x H )

L= 30in.

W= 14.5 in.

H= 15.5 in.

I want to tune it to 35 HZ, and assuming I was to use to front of the box, and the far right side (still in the front) of the box as part of the port, how far to the left would it be, how tall would it be, and how far should the boards go into the box? I really want to finish this because its been sitting around for quite some time now, if you guys dont want to do the math, can you tell me how to make the port using the T/S paras and the Internam Dimensions!

Thanks in advance.

Let's see here. If you want a slot port it would be 15.5" x 3" x 20.5" long.

If you want a square port 5" x 5" x 9.9" long both would get you to the 35hz tuning. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by ramos Let's see here. If you want a slot port it would be 15.5" x 3" x 20.5" long.

If you want a square port 5" x 5" x 9.9" long both would get you to the 35hz tuning. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
awesome, i thought no one was gonna reply, and i have one more question, you said 20.5" long, is that how far it goes into the box? plus do i have to makke the side that long to, im not sure that its easy to explain, but like i make the 15.5" side going into the box 20.5", do i have to make the 3" side that long to?

You just need on piece of wood to make the port. Three sides will be created by the enclosure. You just need one piece 15.5" x 20.5" When you make the front baffle cut it 3" short. And put the piece you cut in. And blam you have a slot port. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hold on, the box is like a big rectangle, and i want the sub to be facing out ima try and show u here real quick

| | | The ( O ) represents the 15" tempest, and the

| ( O ) | | }15.5" lines at the end are the slot port., thats how i

|____________|__| Internal want the front to look,

_______

| | This is the side of it, and as you can see if i wanted to

| | 15.5" make the port 20.5" deep, it would go right through my

|_______ | Internal box. How would i tune it to 35hz witht the port in the

^ front like shown? Please help and i hope these

15.25" diagrams show you what i mean,

Internal

thanks in advance

Originally posted by Daniel hold on, the box is like a big rectangle, and i want the sub to be facing out ima try and show u here real quick

| | | The ( O ) represents the 15" tempest, and the

| ( O ) | | }15.5" lines at the end are the slot port., thats how i

_______

| | This is the side of it, and as you can see if i wanted to

| | 15.5" make the port 20.5" deep, it would go right through my

|_______ | Internal box. How would i tune it to 35hz witht the port in the

Internal

thanks in advance
wow that got real screwed up after i posted it.

hold on, the box is like a big rectangle, and i want the sub to be facing out ima try and show u here real quick

|.............................|....| The ( O ) represents the 15" tempest, and the

|..( O )...................|....| }15.5" lines at the end are the slot port., thats how i

_______

|.................| This is the side of it, and as you can see if i wanted to

|.................| 15.5" make the port 20.5" deep, it would go right through my

|_______| Internal box. How would i tune it to 35hz witht the port in the

Internal

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.