Taramps smart 3 shutting off. Voltage drop?

Taramps like stable voltages 14's and I think they will accept up to about 4 volts from pre out. Re check your voltages. Personally id run with 2volts or less pre out. They are finicky amps but when supplied right will give you good results.

I have a 2017 silverado 1500 crew cab with northstar 94r battery and just recently got a taramps smart 3 and 2 skar evl12d2 and have the same problem.... power... low voltage cutoff. PITA! Now I already know there at least should be another battery or aux battery but I have never had this problem in any other vehicle. I also need help designing a envlosure for these subs. I raised my rear seat 3inches and want to try to make it fit under there. I'm not opposed to going up to 4-5inches total. Front firing ported is what I'm hoping. Any advice? I am in DFW area Dallas mainly. Please help! Fairly new to car audio builds but am very capable and have plenty of tools and equipment. Thanks in advance
You have two evil 12d2....that’s a final .5 ohm load...smart 3 isn’t going to like that

So just to confirm, this amp can or cannot use 5v pre out as input?

Seen this from another post (sorry I don’t know how to quote from post to diff post):

You can use both. It can be used as input or output. Same on the Sundown SFB line.

Does this mean that the input and output RCA jacks on the amp can be used for left/right inputs?

So just to confirm, this amp can or cannot use 5v pre out as input?

Seen this from another post (sorry I don’t know how to quote from post to diff post):

You can use both. It can be used as input or output. Same on the Sundown SFB line.

Does this mean that the input and output RCA jacks on the amp can be used for left/right inputs?
It only has 1 channel. So 1 RCA input and 1 RCA output. And in response to other reply it can safely run at .5,1,and 2ohm. If you watch the dyno testing done on Williston Audio on YouTube you will be stunned that this tiny amp can push over 5k watts! I got it because I wanted to at least be able to cover a little above the EVL12s RMS requirements. Little did I know that it was a power hungry beast until I watched that video! Also, I need help finding someone in Dallas area to build a enclosure for my subs.... hopefully fitting under my seats which are raised 3". I probably should have thought this through a little better instead of sale impulse buying. That's what happens when you're a misguided noob. This has made me learn tho! Before I would just go to a shop and hand a few bundles of cash 💸! Now those days are way behind and made the mistake of going to a ghetto car audio shop because that's mostly the only ones around... and it ended with me having my rear seats blazing on fire at the worst possible place... pumping gas! Then got a new truck with all nice equipment only to have it cleaned out courtesy of some Meth-monsters in Tulsa Oklahoma while visiting my dying mother. After that... I said fk it. I'm gonna try a cheap build myself. And I'm stuck. Sorry for the rant.

Don't have first hand experience with Smart 3 but watching the amp dyno it pulled around 300amps and 4 guage is rated around 100amps, you need atleast 2 runs of 1/0 wire and 2 batts in the rear IMO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.