TARAMPS SMART 3 low voltage in 2017 silverado crew cab ltz

Participant count
  • Participants list

Infamous☆M☆PTB

CarAudio.com Newbie
have a 2017 silverado 1500 crew cab with northstar 94r battery and just recently got a taramps smart 3 and 2 skar evl12d2 and have the same problem.... power... low voltage cutoff. PITA! Now I already know there at least should be another battery or aux battery but I have never had this problem in any other vehicle. I was thinking either adding aux battery like xs power d4800 because thats what I jave heard will work? Or adding a mechman 320-370 amp alt? Sooo confused. I obviously don't want to dish out a bunch if money I shouldn't spend. So what would be the best route? I thought I had come up with a kinda solution and that was to use a powermax p100 charger/power supply but that was killed due to the crap ac power outlet supplied by GM... so if there's is anyone who can help let me know.
I also need help designing a enclosure for these subs. I raised my rear seat 3inches and want to try to make it fit under there. I'm not opposed to going up to 4-5inches total. Front firing ported is what I'm hoping. Any advice? I am in DFW area Dallas mainly. Please help! Fairly new to car audio builds but am very capable and have plenty of tools and equipment. Thanks in advance!

have a 2017 silverado 1500 crew cab with northstar 94r battery and just recently got a taramps smart 3 and 2 skar evl12d2 and have the same problem.... power... low voltage cutoff. PITA! Now I already know there at least should be another battery or aux battery but I have never had this problem in any other vehicle. I was thinking either adding aux battery like xs power d4800 because thats what I jave heard will work? Or adding a mechman 320-370 amp alt? Sooo confused. I obviously don't want to dish out a bunch if money I shouldn't spend. So what would be the best route? I thought I had come up with a kinda solution and that was to use a powermax p100 charger/power supply but that was killed due to the crap ac power outlet supplied by GM... so if there's is anyone who can help let me know.
I also need help designing a enclosure for these subs. I raised my rear seat 3inches and want to try to make it fit under there. I'm not opposed to going up to 4-5inches total. Front firing ported is what I'm hoping. Any advice? I am in DFW area Dallas mainly. Please help! Fairly new to car audio builds but am very capable and have plenty of tools and equipment. Thanks in advance!

12s and under the seat ported will absolutely not work at all. Not enough airspace and those EVLs when you plot them on an enclosure design software needs almost 2.75 cubic feet net airspace EACH after port and sub displacements to perform optimally. You'll literally have mote results from just using one sub and giving it all the airspace it needs to perform

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.