Taramps BASS 5K vs DS18 H-KO5

And Korean at that.
I'm actually kinda interested in this combo. I'm not concerned with used (scratch & dent) but space is kind of an issue. It's going in a single cab truck that has a single 12" in a console. So behind the rear seat is where the amps are going. What's the opinion of Deaf bounce amps? I've heard of their subs.

There's plenty of room in an NBS reg cab. Even with the seats all the way to the back.
Wall there it is. .jpg

wall all PS.jpg

There is a reason that the Hooligan is expensive'r comparatively. The design incorporates high quality fets, better caps, overall the internals are pretty top tier, huge traces, short current paths, multi-layer PCB boards with large two Layer Traces, a lot of little extras that add up. Construction is top notch too. I mean in the end you get what you pay for and if all you want is cheap power, it's out there. I have no issue with the new full-bridge designs Taramps is putting out as at the end of the day, power is power, to a degree. I like their new smart designs that address some of the older issues regarding voltage stability needs. As they have become better, they are creeping up in price too (their pots still ****!) I know that my Korean design and manufactured half bridge Hooligan probably is a little cleaner and that it probably can't be heard in a subwoofer application, still, I'm at a point where I want things that exceed the need, not just meet it. There is a place for most all equipment and at the end of the day, get what exceeds one expectations, not just meets and you'll always be happy. "It always cost a little more to do things right - but it's always expensive to do things cheap".

Last edited:
View attachment 56008
Maybe, but I have this box with s "toolbox" on the drivers side. So the only open space I have is behind the pass side. The box goes from under the dash to the back wall with the 12" and 3.2 cubes.
I'm thinking that I might do a front sub at some point. My Mazda 3 glovebox is huge and I'm sure a Focal 8" 21v2 will compliment the 33v2's in the rear, perfectly!

Gotch. I'm in the market myself for a 3K ap with a budget of $400-$500. I was also looking at the GZCA 3000.M1. It's a little over my budget but it seems like a good one.
This is a little badd azz amp I recently put in on a pair of A.Bass Hawk 15s and taking care of business better than the Taramps Smart3k I had and tried on those subs as well. Air cooling fan is on the bottom,and recommend raising the amplifier to get some air circulation. Awesome little amplifier. You may even consider the CT Sounds 3200.1 for the money? My 2ks slamm just fine and can be strapped even. The 3200.1 doesnt look like it is though

This is a little badd azz amp I recently put in on a pair of A.Bass Hawk 15s and taking care of business better than the Taramps Smart3k I had and tried on those subs as well. Air cooling fan is on the bottom,and recommend raising the amplifier to get some air circulation. Awesome little amplifier. You may even consider the CT Sounds 3200.1 for the money? My 2ks slamm just fine and can be strapped even. The 3200.1 doesnt look like it is though

I asked crescendo about about the s1 plus that's rated at 2500 @ 13.8...they said it actually does a legit 3300w

By summer I'll be running 3 way active off the s6, front sub off a s1v2, and a s1plus for the big girls in the back...

I'm not saying crescendo makes the best amps on the market but they're rock solid at a really good price point and the customer service is top notch...

Last edited:
I asked crescendo about about the s1 plus that's rated at 2500 @ 13.8...they said it actually does a legit 3300w

By summer I'll be running 3 way active off the s6, front sub off a s1v2, and a s1plus for the big girls in the back...

I'm not saying crescendo makes the best amps on the market but they're rock solid at a really price point and the customer service is top notch...
Thats awesome man. Your ride should sound really amazing when thats all installed.

I'm not saying crescendo makes the best amps on the market but they're rock solid at a really price point and the customer service is top notch...
I am Itching to get my older truck back up to slamming pretty good.. Im trying to find other things to do until the summer when I can pull all my stuff, lay it out and get the tools out and fire up a shop system and go at it.
Yelling Pirates Of The Caribbean GIF

After looking at the build and the parts, I would definitely consider that plus 1, nice equipment for sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...