Taramp Bass5k at .5 daily?

To which I gave you a direct quote from the manufacturer's website along with a link. If the "maximum power" is "5000W at 1 ohm", what do you think will happen if you try to drive lower? Do you think you will get more than maximum power?

Generally speaking, my stock answer here is that if you have to ask, you have no business running an amp at low impedance and why are you asking us? Not like any of us has to sign off on a warranty claim if you blow it up.
So all manufacturers claims are accurate? Keep steppin if you have nothing good to add. You said your peace, now move along.

You're wrong.
He's right about my electrical. What are you chiming in about? Is this what this forum has to offer? A bunch of kids like you who give vague and indefinite answers? Or is there someone in here that can actually help? Someone who actually dynoed the amp and has factual answers, not like the theory queens who replied before this post. SMH.

Lol I was a Taramps dealer and have ran 12 Taramps amps in my own vehicles. I know a thing or two about them.

For the final time there is no answer to your question as everyone has different impedance rise. If I’m wired to .5 and rise to 1.3 ohms clamping 4700 watts that doesn’t mean anyone else will get the same results.

Even if there was a bass 5k ran on a dyno at 0.5 it wouldn’t make a fuck cause that’s a sine wave using a resistive load. Not music with speaker impedance curves.

Why don’t you just throw a clamp on and do some math and find out for yourself. 🤷‍♂️

Lol I was a Taramps dealer and have ran 12 Taramps amps in my own vehicles. I know a thing or two about them.

For the final time there is no answer to your question as everyone has different impedance rise. If I’m wired to .5 and rise to 1.3 ohms clamping 4700 watts that doesn’t mean anyone else will get the same results.

Even if there was a bass 5k ran on a dyno at 0.5 it wouldn’t make a fuck cause that’s a sine wave using a resistive load. Not music with speaker impedance curves.

Why don’t you just throw a clamp on and do some math and find out for yourself. 🤷‍♂️
Ok Bud. Thanks for your time.

One of you heroes should clue the guys at Resilient Sounds in then.

Attachments

• Tar.5stable.JPG
    Tar.5stable.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 62
Lmao. Don't worry about it if it aint yours. Like takin a tylenol for another mans headache.

O.k., go blow your amp and then blame it on Taramps. The worst part is that you will probably end up with less watts at .5 then at 1 ohm. Shitt, might as well wire it to .33 or .25. Hopefully, your ride doesn't burn down. Buy a fire extinguisher. Buy a box of tissues so you can wipe your tears away when your shitt blows up. I guess that you are smarter than the maker of the amp. Good luck Einstein!

O.k., go blow your amp and then blame it on Taramps. The worst part is that you will probably end up with less watts at .5 then at 1 ohm. Shitt, might as well wire it to .33 or .25. Hopefully, your ride doesn't burn down. Buy a fire extinguisher. Buy a box of tissues so you can wipe your tears away when your shitt blows up. I guess that you are smarter than the maker of the amp. Good luck Einstein!
Ok thanks, Cupcake! <3

I would like to point out that full bridge amps have a tendency to produce lots and lots of unpleasant things when driven past their design limits. Unlike the Korean tanks we have grown used too, "Brazilian" amps tend to make large fireballs instead of just popping, smoking a bit, and being dead like a Korean.

I'm running a Smart 3, nowhere near its rated power or lowest load. But Brazilian amps are not as tolerant of running below rated Impedance as other styles of amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...