Switch to lithium??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wesseat

CarAudio.com Recruit
Currently running an 80 a h AGM under the hood and and 80 amp hour AGM in the rear along with a 500 farad superbank. I have upgraded my wiring and added a 300 amp alternator. This system is pushing over 2,000 w and the voltage is Rock Solid. But now I am in the process going from two to four Subs and doubling the power. Next Level Fabrications is going to build me a quad box and they also offer headways and a battery delete all built out to Baltic Birch that are really cool looking and I think I want to make the switch to lithium as space is a premium in my vehicle and I'm afraid I'll have to add another AGM to keep up with the 5K. I live in a cold winter climate and my vehicle sets in the garage a lot spring fall and winter.
So my questions are-Headway cells or yinlong cells?
And should I do a battery delete under the hood? Or would it be better to move that 500 farad superbank under the hood?
FB_IMG_1664484345186.jpg

14.75 an the underhood battery with engine running and everything off 😂

I'm running a 6s 80ah bank of yinlong charging at 14.1v factory 90a alt. Sub amp is a Smart 5 at 2 ohm, stage amp is a Audison APF8.9 Bit. Running at a soft clip on the sub amp and my voltage drops to 13.95. LTO is the better chemistry, but it's more expensive. LiFeP04 is cheaper but more compatible with factory charging.

You can get enough LiFeP04 cells and bars to make a 96ah bank for about 350-400. LTO is going to cost double that at minimum.

Matt

LTO is going to cost double that at minimum.
But has 5-8X the cycle life and better cold weather performance. Glad those cells are keeping up for you though, pull that oddball one sometime this winter and make sure the voltage looks good. I got you covered if it seems off.

But has 5-8X the cycle life and better cold weather performance. Glad those cells are keeping up for you though, pull that oddball one sometime this winter and make sure the voltage looks good. I got you covered if it seems off.

So far it's been fine. I've been deliberately playing the stereo with the car off and trying to "cycle" the battery. I'll be pulling the bank out sometime later this year when I make the final amp rack/LTO bank mount deal. When I do that I'm going to check all the cells.

I have to say I'm very happy with the bank. My car starts so much better and I can play my stereo for an hour at decent volume and it still starts like a champ. I can't wait until I can bring the charging voltage to 14.5 or so and give it a little more charging current on tap.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...