Switch from Component to Coaxial

Participant count
  • Participant list

sebcoz

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everybody!

I've got an interesting one for you :)

I had a good look through threads previously created but couldn't find the answer I was looking for.
I have a factory setting on my car with Component speakers (which stopped working a while ago). I would like to upgrade now and after reading a lot I have the basic info I need about Coaxial/Component or 2 way/3 way.
I still have a few things which are not clear, so maybe you could help?

- Can I switch to Coaxial now? (without knowing what I have in my car, I have already ordered a week ago a set of 2 way coaxial speakers)
I think I could just take the main input, unplug it from the crossover and plug it to the new Coaxial speaker. Is this even possible?

- Can I install a Coaxial speaker, but through the crossover? So the main input goes in the box, the blue ones go in the Coaxial speakers and the red ones in the factory tweeters which I still have mounted on my car. It sounds very stupid, I know - just curious if this would have any sense.

- Can I have Component speakers in the back and Coaxial speakers in the front?

Below is the photo of my current setup.

Many thanks to anyone who has a minute to answer :)
Seb

You can, if you desire, directly replace the component woofer with a coaxial woofer. You can even leave it wired through the crossover if the component tweeters are still working. If the component tweeters aren't working then you need to bypass the crossover altogether. This won't be an "upgrade" but it is better than nothing.

What specifically doesn't work? If the entire side doesn't work (tweeters and woofer) it may be a loose connection and not a failed speaker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.