Swapping Pioneer pro 6.5 to prv have some install questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

94 ranger

CarAudio.com Recruit
I’m going over, thoughts and seeking opinions on anything I can do that people might agree will help out on sound quality or mid bass response adding deadener or running a baffle behind a set of prv mid ranges in each door . Seems like speakers like these can’t reproduce the deep acoustic bass response that new cars have unless you run a component set , Also any thoughts on how the prv 6.5”s would perform with a better full range amp like a hertz or alpine r series with more onboard adjustments vs my Taramp 1200x4. I don’t own a dsp yet .But my goal is to get these and some bullet tweeters tunes to meet the quality of a high end component set . I really wanted to go back to a component set that can get loud and clean but that seems to be a gamble for me seeing any 6.5 component Mentioned across the forum that can get really loud .Like Close to the loudness just two prv 6.5s area able too reach.
I had the hertz mpk set which I owned and when comparing them too a loud speaker after running my pioneer pros there’s def some instrumental sound that you loose with independent mid ranges.
Back to the prv situation .. which I’m probably going with those .Has anyone added deadener in their suv doors or a baffle? Specifically for anything other then a component set or coaxial set ? I’ve never heard anything on these baffles they offer that basically eliminate the doors air space. This is just a general question for all raw midrange drivers more less. Hoping to find out if it helps acoustically? Let me know how the amp swap would help or not on prvs.
Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.