Sundown yard sale amp quality

So I've been looking at getting a sia-2500 and they got some on the yard sale. What am I looking at receiving from it? Like missing set screws or anything at all? Never ordered from it.
No telling what you will get. Blown amp? Powers up but no sound of of either channel?Damaged setting, Loose parts on the board?Leaking Caps?Blown Mosfets?Stripped out set screws?Bent or damaged heat sink? I mean who knows what you will get??Do you get a warranty or not? A hit and Miss, or a Decent deal? What is your Budget? What are you looking to do/ power needed for?

I found this topic trying to research the same amp before I pull the trigger. One of the selling points for it over taramps was the bass knob and sundown customer service told me it's not guaranteed to be included. Every comment or video I've seen about yardsale has been positive but I'm still iffy about trying my luck

Certainly you can setup a separate bass remote.

You could get anything from an open box item, just having scratches on the heatsink, to missing screws, or perhaps needing repaired as well. The point is, there is a reason it ended up in the yard sale, if it ends up where you have to put more money into the item as it needs repair (worst case scenario), you will be closer to having just bought it new.

I remember the yard sale on CACO, some items were better or worse than others. Many were reasonably okay and usable, so most people got usable stuff, others needed re-coned. Just know it’s a gamble and you have to be prepared to take the risk, that’s why it’s a yard sale item.

I personally never felt the yard sale prices were worth the risk of getting junk. Wasn’t exactly dirt cheap, and if I’m spending that kind of money, might as well get something new with warranty, or look locally for second hand items that are cheaper and work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...