Sundown X15 D2 wired to 1 ohm in ported box. 2k amp not enough looking into Orion hcca 3000.1dsplx. Thoughts or other recommendations thanks!!

Thedocta

CarAudio.com Newbie
Love me some great bass!!! Not nearly half as knowledgeable as most guys on here but what better place to ask for advice!! I have a 2015 Volkswagen Passat n currently I have an x15 in my truck that’s a beast but only got a 2k pushing it which limits me to FULLY enjoy that bad boy in my trunk. I was looking to get a 3k amp n was looking at the Orion one. Seen and have heard great things about them. A little cheaper than the 2k sundown I have pushing it. If u guys can point me the right direction for a badass amp that will do what it’s rated or more I would greatly appreciate It fellas!!! I don’t want to say price is not an issue but I’m open to hear your guys suggestions!!

What amp do you have on it right now and what ohm load? They will take up to 3.5k at the most rms on clean power. I'll be pushing my pair with a Wolfram 3k soon, when I get my Tahoe fixed. It's gonna be under rated power to the subs but what I had before in amps this is certainly a big upgrade for me. Wolfram, 3k or 4.5k Orion is def a good choice. Any Korean board amp that can take the abuse is a great suggestion.

What amp do you have on it right now and what ohm load? They will take up to 3.5k at the most rms on clean power. I'll be pushing my pair with a Wolfram 3k soon, when I get my Tahoe fixed. It's gonna be under rated power to the subs but what I had before in amps this is certainly a big upgrade for me. Wolfram, 3k or 4.5k Orion is def a good choice. Any Korean board amp that can take the abuse is a great suggestion.
Weak!

Love me some great bass!!! Not nearly half as knowledgeable as most guys on here but what better place to ask for advice!! I have a 2015 Volkswagen Passat n currently I have an x15 in my truck that’s a beast but only got a 2k pushing it which limits me to FULLY enjoy that bad boy in my trunk. I was looking to get a 3k amp n was looking at the Orion one. Seen and have heard great things about them. A little cheaper than the 2k sundown I have pushing it. If u guys can point me the right direction for a badass amp that will do what it’s rated or more I would greatly appreciate It fellas!!! I don’t want to say price is not an issue but I’m open to hear your guys suggestions!!

Smart 3K or MD5k. You will be solid either way.

I'm going to do a group buy in a few. 650 for the 5500

L
not sure what car the x15 is going/staying in or what kind of truck you got but an orion 3k at any price is going to be an absolute current hog so as you think of trying to go from 2k now to 3k (which you are likely not pulling close to a pulling 2k now) you’ll need considerable dollar consuming electrical upgrades. You won’t have enough current to utilize the full power of an md8k but for the cost/value ratio it will give you more enough to send more power to that x15 than you have to it now. And it will be much smaller footprint wise than an orion 3k.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your input guys I really appreciate it!! This is setup is in the trunk of my car. I’ve attached a few pictures. I agree with $$ aspect of it too. I don’t think I’m getting close to that 2k as well. I have 1/0 running through everything. Have a partial big 3 n have got quotes on a new alt. I know If I go with the smark 3k I’ll be saving lots
D30BD974-164D-4C45-9F21-D1D669D90AB0.jpeg
C61E559F-74FD-485C-BE97-F65E016B9562.jpeg
32FDDBDC-39DF-4C46-AC27-9CD911A6B21B.jpeg
C2D3358E-9D5C-4575-B1D0-25C54CA154D1.jpeg

Thanks for all your input guys I really appreciate it!! This is setup is in the trunk of my car. I’ve attached a few pictures. I agree with $$ aspect of it too. I don’t think I’m getting close to that 2k as well. I have 1/0 running through everything. Have a partial big 3 n have got quotes on a new alt. I know If I go with the smark 3k I’ll be saving lotsView attachment 21030View attachment 21031View attachment 21032View attachment 21033
Full bridge amp vs half bridge will make a difference on the power you get to your subs from your current electrical. That korean 2k is a dope amp it’s just a big ol current hog. I know vw throws decent size alternators in their new suvs but not sure about your ride. I think the smart 3 would be solid. Alternatively a bigger alternator might also bring that 2k to like and leave you in a good spot if bigger is your end goal anyway

Full bridge amp vs half bridge will make a difference on the power you get to your subs from your current electrical. That korean 2k is a dope amp it’s just a big ol current hog. I know vw throws decent size alternators in their new suvs but not sure about your ride. I think the smart 3 would be solid. Alternatively a bigger alternator might also bring that 2k to like and leave you in a good spot if bigger is your end goal anyway
that makes a lot of sense my man!! I appreciate the constant feedback. Takes power to make power, right haha I got quoted a 220amp alt for $500 So I’m currently looking into that

I just put the taramps smart 3 in my envoy with just the big 3 no alt.
I've been trying to set my gain and just clamped 1600w rms on 2 sa 12's. granted not a 3k load, but my voltage barely moved. 14.5 to 14.3 on a 30 hz sign wave. thing is efficient as hell at 1 ohm. I dont see why you wouldnt be able to pull 3k on it with another run of 1/0. i AM a noobie though. take it with a grain of salt. super pumped with popwarhomie's suggestion so far

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.