Sundown X15 D2 wired to 1 ohm in ported box. 2k amp not enough looking into Orion hcca 3000.1dsplx. Thoughts or other recommendations thanks!!

Does that specific video show the current pull many of his tests so. I’d you have the electrical for the orion that’s dope but a korean 3k is just going to require a significant amount of amperage just like the 2k...just more.

Check out the link i posted or YouTube wiliston audio lab's i don't see why his dynos would not be right?

Dude I know about Derecks videos. He used to be on this forum.

What i'm saying is IN REAL LIFE you will never see anywhere near that dynamic power on the dyno.

I'm not saying its a bad amp but its not a 10k+ watt amp. It's a 5k. I couldn't find the pictures but my buddy clamped alittle over 2000 rms at 2.2 ohm after rise.

You get 6.89 watts per dollar with the Orion
With the Taramps smart 3 its 12.18w per dollar.

Buy the Orion if you want it. But don't expect that kinda power.

Yes he does show the pull it does get high but if i remember only after getting over the specs
Does that specific video show the current pull many of his tests so. I’d you have the electrical for the orion that’s dope but a korean 3k is just going to require a significant amount of amperage just like the 2k...just more.

Yes he does show the pull it does get high but if i remember only after getting over the specs
Right but factor box rise and your true electrical environment and you may not get to that output even on that test. A more efficient full bridge technology amp will maximize your electrical capacity. That said, you may get better realized output from a Md5000.1 than you would out of than a 3k orion on your current electrical. Dudes are putting well over rms On those big well built 15’s in any brand

Dude I know about Derecks videos. He used to be on this forum.

What i'm saying is IN REAL LIFE you will never see anywhere near that dynamic power on the dyno.

I'm not saying its a bad amp but its not a 10k+ watt amp. It's a 5k. I couldn't find the pictures but my buddy clamped alittle over 2000 rms at 2.2 ohm after rise.

You get 6.89 watts per dollar with the Orion
With the Taramps smart 3 its 12.18w per dollar.

Buy the Orion if you want it. But don't expect that kinda power.
Im not arguing with anyone here i was answering the question i have no plans on buying an orion amp every amp i currently run were made in the usa. I was just answering the question then when i did another question was asked so i answered that and so trust me i was not trying to say which one was better cause i have no plans on owning either from what ive been looking out there its gonna eother be taramps or Rockville i know guys on here aren't bug on them but im impressed with everything i read about them ans they are one of the few cea certified which says alot to me about a company to go thru the trouble to get that distinction. I would really like to buy something old but to get the kind of power id need it would cost to much even refurbished. But i have been looking into old Phoenix gold amps and hifonics as i owned one of each in 90s and both were great old presion power and def old orion fosgate anything from the 90s really but they are going for more then what taramps or Rockville want new with double watts so idk yet what ima do.

I have a x10v2 dual 2 wired to 1 ohm resting at the terminal at like 2.3 ohms rising to who knows what so you’ll be fine. Rise is a *****

Oh, and it’s powered by a smart 3...if they come out with a smart 5 I’ll probably get that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.