Sundown team woofer vs DD 9915

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
ok cool,so you had some DCs ,did you like the DCs? did they hit the lows/ I never heard any DC Levels in person,just curious.
They sound peakier than the HDC3s but they still hit lows, sure they can easily hit lows with a lower tuned box.

adulbrich

Lock up your daughters!
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
I got my first pair of hdc3 18s in a trade. They work out okay but I knew their limitations when i did a direct swap to dc level 5 18s when i was running two and the DCs were way louder even at 2 ohms vs hdc3s at 1 ohm on a banda 7k. When I sold my dc level 5 18s, there was a pair of hdc3 motors for dirt cheap and the DC level 5 18s would cover the cost of recone, motor and enclosure while still having left over money for other stuff, basically trading motor force for cone area. Its a super budget build, i did not buy them new, its just what i had to work with. It is what it is man not trying to spend oodles of money running the brands i like.
I'd take SSA, incriminator and ascendant audio over soundqubed anyday. Only sundown Team series and Nightshades are the woofers i like from sundown.
The TFE was practically new, lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
Jan 22, 2010
Florida
Just looked at your wall.. bracing! That thing is sick..
Thanks man. One of my 4 2600s popped so I'm waiting on it to come back from repair. Was planning on finishing my roof and box while I was down but I've just been really busy.

Buck

Premium Member
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
My DC's xl m1 18's murdered lows in a 13 cubes @ 29 hz.

To the title of the thread, sundown all the way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds