Sundown SFB warranty

Participant count
  • Participant list

John Doe

CarAudio.com Regular
Was finally going to get my car back from my installer and he ended up letting me know my SFB 8K seemed fine but there’s no output lol bummer. Ended up just buying his Half Bridge Korean board 4K amp that he brings in(his own brand). Anyways, bought it from Apex was wondering what kind of help I’m going to get as far as warranty issues etc? Let me know peoples

I've seen a lot of issues out of those amps, seems like people are usually taken care of? I'm not 100% sure if every return or fix is good, but I know you're definitely not remotely close to the first person with issues with the SFB's. I would never entertain buying one, based off what I've heard so far (and because of that dampening factor).

I've seen a lot of issues out of those amps, seems like people are usually taken care of? I'm not 100% sure if every return or fix is good, but I know you're definitely not remotely close to the first person with issues with the SFB's. I would never entertain buying one, based off what I've heard so far (and because of that dampening factor).
Out of everyone I know, I literally have the worst luck when it comes to **** like this lol...

I knew what I was getting into so I’m not too upset about it really. My main concern is, will I have to jump through hoops to get this issue resolved? Everything seems fine, so my installer told me, just when he finally hooked everything up, the amp has no out put.

Out of everyone I know, I literally have the worst luck when it comes to **** like this lol...

I knew what I was getting into so I’m not too upset about it really. My main concern is, will I have to jump through hoops to get this issue resolved? Everything seems fine, so my installer told me, just when he finally hooked everything up, the amp has no out put.

I wouldn't think so, but you never know. The process itself of return is crappy enough, without having to also face heat or questions about the usage of the amp. If you had a long time installer working on it, his vouching may very well help.

I wouldn't think so, but you never know. The process itself of return is crappy enough, without having to also face heat or questions about the usage of the amp. If you had a long time installer working on it, his vouching may very well help.
His builds have been the loudest in Hawaii for 20 some years I believe. Was in JP’s videos years ago too(not that I care about the guy). I’ll probably have him keep the amp for now and see if he can help me if the return process gets a little rough.

His builds have been the loudest in Hawaii for 20 some years I believe. Was in JP’s videos years ago too(not that I care about the guy). I’ll probably have him keep the amp for now and see if he can help me if the return process gets a little rough.

Should've bought it from D4S. They replace them, no questions asked. I watched an installer blow one up, because of his error, and he had a new one in less than 20 minutes. D4S was literally 10 minutes away from where we were.

Should've bought it from D4S. They replace them, no questions asked. I watched an installer blow one up, because of his error, and he had a new one in less than 20 minutes. D4S was literally 10 minutes away from where we were.
I can’t remember why I didn’t go through them lol.

Apex is really good at honoring warranty. You will have no issues there, just contact them via email, explain the situation and what the installer said with the installers phone number so they can verify and they will replace it. Apex is connected to Sundown and gets the newest product before anyone else does.

Apex is really good at honoring warranty. You will have no issues there, just contact them via email, explain the situation and what the installer said with the installers phone number so they can verify and they will replace it. Apex is connected to Sundown and gets the newest product before anyone else does.
Very reassuring to hear and thanks for the advice. I’ll be sure to email them again with my installers contact info thanks playa 😎

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...