Sundown SAM-500D looks exactly the same design as the Vibe Audio Powerbox 400.1m-V7

Participant count
  • Participant list

SMH90

CarAudio.com Newbie
uk
So I have owned the Vibe amp for around 8 months now, I pushed a 300wRMS (1000peak) 8 inch on it and made that sub slap, I now have a 400wrms 12 inch hooked up at 1 OHM (Dual 2 OHM VC sub)

And that get's much louder without having to really push the volume. This is setup in a house on this power supply... https://silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=238&area=en
The PSU never even get's warm, never hear the fan spin up either.

But look at this...

Now here is a video from Willston Audio Labs doing a test of the Sundown amp...

Now look at the test done by some (I assume either Russian or Ukrainian) channel..

Same amp right?

8 inch Sub on it..

Just some ching chong cookie cutter boards.
As opposed to the Sundown which is all proprietary designs engineered, tooled, and built in house?

Yeah, it's probably the same thing from the same factory with a few slight variations which may or may not make any difference in performance or reliability.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.