COMPLETED Sundown SAE 1500D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I talked to my local genius installer he said that battery I showed you wouldn't suffice and he also suggested the Taramps prior to you. Here my issue he said those amps don't like high voltage rca signals. Don't know if that applies to me I have a pioneer app radio4 . He also said they fail when underpowered but that it can be fixed to pull less than 3000w. So I'm guessing I won't be able to upgrade my amp until I get an alternator cause even if it is pulling less current 1500w plus my 4 channel still puts me in H.O. territory. Smh

You missed the part about full bridge vs half bridge technology amps and their efficiency difference on electrical. Add an agm in the back. also, your pioneer deck should be between 2v and 5v preout, just like most guys on here running aftermarket hu....and they’re fine running taramps amplifiers. Stabilizing your voltage will support The longevity of proposed taramps

$299 for a used Sundown 1500? You done lost your damn mind.
How's that? TheAmplab has it on their site. They're $500 brand new. Cheapest I saw was $409 or something like that.
I heard the Amp Lab guys are credible and they give a warranty.
I don't think saving $200 and getting good quality work is crazy.

Two AGM's in the trunk? ,

In my Bug. Only two batteries total. Sorry for the sideways pic.
20191109_012912.jpg

He’s saying you lost your mind because $300 for a Korean 1500 amp is expensive.
. So your saying that the Sundown is basically a Korean built amp I'm guessing and that I would get more bang for my buck with by purchasing the Taramps 3k or the SFB 3k. I get that my issue is powering them.
In my Bug. Only two batteries total. Sorry for the sideways pic. View attachment 19303
I have a factory 140 amp Alternator and a xs power D3400 under the hood. I also have a 4 channel on my mids wired to 4 ohm RE Audio 90.4 63w x 4 and, big 3. My car also has all of the electrical accessories. Your saying by adding another agm battery that should keep me out of harms way as it pertains to underpowering the fully bridged amplifier?

Last edited:
I honestly think you’ll be fine. Unless you listen at full tilt for long periods of time, I don’t see you having issues. I had a 120 amp alt and optima yellow top 10 years ago with a freaking power hog amp rated at 2400 rms (this was the dyno number) and I was fine.
Sundown makes good stuff and has good CS. Prices can be high on amps though. But my IA amp was expensive but has been bulletproof.

The sfb sundown is not likely Korean, a korean 3k is not $350. It’s just a sundown brand for your ocd. YoI’ll need to utilize full bridge technology for 3k or even maximization our if a 2k. Your current electrical is pretty close to max on half bridge amp Technology.

Half bridge minute math:
140 amps (your alt) x .50-.60 (amperage not consumed by your vehicle) x 14.4 = 1008-1210 watts....I didn’t even factor amp efficiency cuz I don’t know it for your the sundown 1500. So there....full bridge is you friend. Sundown sfb..not korean. 1/2 ain’t bad.

Honestly, buy want you want. On this forum it is all about Taramps. There are benefits to buying a brand like Sundown too. Do what makes you happy and makes you satisfied.

Honestly, buy want you want. On this forum it is all about Taramps. There are benefits to buying a brand like Sundown too. Do what makes you happy and makes you satisfied.

The pro-taramps sentiment is a result of had success by a lot of contributors on this forum and their amps are the best value for clean power. Aside from op’s commitment to sundown, Is there another reason to pay $120 more for pretty much the exact same power and technology

The pro-taramps sentiment is a result of had success by a lot of contributors on this forum and their amps are the best value for clean power. Aside from op’s commitment to sundown, Is there another reason to pay $120 more for pretty much the exact same power and technology

I understand that and I also understand forum boners. I’m not telling the OP to not get the Taramps, I just telling him to buy what he wants.

I understand that and I also understand forum boners. I’m not telling the OP to not get the Taramps, I just telling him to buy what he wants.
I ain't no OP 💯 Don't be talking bout me like I ain't here LMAO
Both of y'all lol!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...